Chapter 4: Friend 友人

At the middle of the night, I slowly walked noiselessly in the darkness. I hope no one would notice me, not even my sister. I am starting to have this guilty pleasure lately and I just can't stop doing it, yet deep inside me I wanted to stop. I am not like this before but I don't know what changed me to become like this. The pressures of my work? The horrible expectations of the people? I don't know. I want to rebel. I want to escape. It seems like they are expecting too much from me. I am a human being and I am frail. I just wanted to sing and be famous. I don't deserve this pain, no I don't.

I slowly opened the metallic door and a bright light blinded my squinty eyes. Cold vapor caressed my face and the delectable smell of my favorite teased my nose. Chocolates! Dark Chocolates! I love dark chocolates. People warned me chocolates are bad for my voice and weight. I don't care about them. This is my body and I do what I want. 

I slowly indulge myself from the darkness of the cold brown treat and savor its texture in my mouth. It's a mixture of bitter and sweet, and I'm in love with it. It pretty much describes me, wanting to be defiant and unique, yet still desires to be loved and adored. I took another bite of the treat and spoiling myself to eat more of it. I deserve this thing. After all of my hard work, I need a break.

"I know it's you." A soft yet forceful voice alarmed me in the middle of my self-enjoyment.

"Himetan?"

"Why are you eating my chocolates?" She angrily stared at me wanting to devour me instead of her chocolate. "That thing is mine and I used my savings to buy those expensive and imported dark chocolates! You have done this a lot of times Su-san. First my cake, then my Okonomiyaki Bento, then this?"

"Fine! Don't be mad Himetan! I will just pay for it tomorrow."

"Of course you would pay. But tomorrow? Gosh! Haven't you remembered? Tomorrow's dad's birthday! And I still need to wrap that chocolate to be delivered at Hiroshima. And making things worse, the chocolate shop is closed tomorrow. Don't you realize how much trouble have you done Su-san?"

"You know what? You are annoying, trying to act as the good daughter in our family. Stop acting like that! I am the better daughter! I give more income to the family than you! Nogizawa 46? Just a copycat of AKB48! BABYMETAL is better and more famous."

A crisp slap landed in my face. It hurts and the pain slightly lingered in my face. I then realized I've hurt her feelings really really bad. She had teary eyes and I could see these even if it's dark. I feel sorry for what I said.

"So you think you are better than me? Just because you have better experience in entertainment industry than me? Stop being a prideful bitch!"

Prideful bitch? That triggered me. I ran to my room and locked the door. I wanted to escape.  I needed comfort, but who would comfort me? Himetan was my best friend when we were still young. She used to comfort me before but now? I don't think she can and she will. I'm a bitch for her. I felt so depressed and lonely. I felt like I want a hug, I wanted a friend to talk to.

"It's ok Su-chan, everything will be alright."

That voice? Who is that? It's familiar to me. A ghost? I looked around and no one's around my room. I peeped at the window and nobody's there. This gave chills in me. Am I being delusional?

"Who are you? Where are you?" I said with a shivering voice.

"Look at the mirror. I'm here."

I looked in the mirror and see my image, it is dimmed but I could still see it, and it's smiling at me. My reflection is smiling at me? I came closer to the mirror and sat in front of it to have a clearer view of the image. My reflection was still smiling, disobeying to follow the facial expression of its owner.

"SU-METAL, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me. And we can be friends, best friends."