Chapter 8: Echo 響き

Everything is dark and fuzzy. So enclosed and boxed in. At last, the thing that feared me about my relationship with her happened. Everything flipped. I'm on her shoes right now and it felt weird. She's on control of my body since that night we had a fight. She's friendly towards the staffs and the band. Heck she's even sweet towards Moa, actually both Moa and Yui. She acts better than me and I'm jealous about that. And here I am, like a spectator watching her do the things that I should do.

The Tokyo Dome concert went well, both the red and black nights. The fans are so hyped and the band enjoyed doing their part in the show. Well actually there was a bit of accident, SU-METAL slipped, but that didn't stop her. The fans cheered for her and she just smiled and felt like nothing happened. Gosh! If that happened to me, I would panic. But there's no way of stopping this girl. She is divine, so perfect. She knows no mistake and if she commits some, it would look like she hasn't done anything wrong. Is this girl really an angel? No! She's a devil! She's a kaiju!

"Do you like my performance Su-chan?"

I can't tell her anything. She's almost perfect, and heck I can't even equal her performance. I can't admit to her that she's better than me.

"I know you're watching everything that I have done. And I know you are jealous of me right now, but you know, taking over this body and your life is not really the reason why I'm here. There is more to that, Su-chan. And do you want to know what it is?"

"What?" Her words got me curious that it broke my silence.

"Blood lust, I want to send people to hell. I want to kill them. And not just kill as in degrade their lives but kill as in see them bleed to death."

"What the..."

"Ahhh... I miss those times when I used to take over the body of a young boy who murdered his mother, or that young lady who killed her fiancé out of irrational envy. The screams, the wails, the voice of the innocent begging for mercy, it sounds so sweet just like a rondo serenading to my heart. Do you want to hear it Suzuka?"

"What's wrong with you? Why are you doing this to me?"

"Because this is who I am, a demon. It's my nature sweetie, and you can't change that fact. All that you can do is watch me kill your love ones. Oh! Should I correct that? I mean, watching yourself killing your love ones. Hahahahahaha..."

That chirpy laugh, I hate it. It felt like she's laughing over my defeat. The worse thing is, it's echoing in my head, and this place makes the echo clearer. I want to go out of this situation. I want to go out of this box.