Chapter 23

• Dedicated to Micah Bornales Gallo

"I bet it was fun! Jamie told me that you guys sneaked into someone's property the day before she left and surrounded his house with tissue paper!" Kate was talking with Cole during free period. I sat beside Cole reading, or rather trying to read since I have also been eavesdropping on Cole and Kate. "I never experienced that."

"We don't really do pranks. But Jamie loved pranks and would always drag us into them. We decided to do a prank with her that night since she was about to leave." Cole replied. It has already been a week since Kate transferred and she has grown really attached to Cole. 

"Didn't you guys get caught?" I heard her ask.

Cole chuckled, probably remembering that night. "Oh we almost did. Tasha unexpectedly tripped loudly that woke the whole household. I had to carry her and ran as fast as I can away. It was hilarious. She kept crying all the way."

Kate, together with Jake, Maddie and Lara all laughed while I just rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, guys! I just remembered." Maddy suddenly said making us all look at her. "My dad gave me these four tickets to the aquarium for Saturday. He said that one of his clients gave it to him. I wanted to go but Mom and I already have plans for Saturday. I didn't want the tickets to go to waste so I thought I'd just give it to you guys if you're interested."

"That sounds nice! But I can't. I have to take my sister to her piano lesson. Dad is sick so I'll be taking her in his place." Lara declined.

Maddy nodded and turned to Jake. "How about you Jake?"

He shook his head. "Can't too. Some of my friends invited me to go out of town with them."

"I see. How about you guys?" Maddy looked at me, Cole, Kate, and Xavier who just arrived. "I really don't want these tickets to go to waste. You think you guys can go to the aquarium on Saturday?"

"Aquarium?" Xavier beamed. "If Tasha's gonna go then I'm in!"

Maddy smiled at me. "I guess I can come. I don't have any plans on Saturday."

"Me too. I guess that's fine." Cole agreed.

"How about you, Kate?" Maddy smiled at her.

"Is it fine if I come?" She asked.

"Of course! Why won't it be?" Maddy replied. "Right, guys? The four of you should enjoy these tickets."