Chapter 1

"I'm breaking up with you." Collin Stuarts, a senior at Northside High school, and my boyfriend told me. We are standing on my front porch from another of disastrous dates ever since I started dating him two months ago.

I turned to face him, stunned. "What? I don't think I heard you right."

Collin sighed heavily. "I'm. Breaking. Up. With. You."

I frowned at him. "And why is that?" I can't believe he's dumping me.

He threw his head in the air in exasperation. "Don't get me wrong Tasha. You're a great girl. You really are. But I don't think I can reach your expectations. I am not him."

I shifted my foot and placed one hand on my hips. "What do you mean?"

"I am not Cole. Every time we go out and I do something for you, you always say If Cole was here he'll do it like this, Cole should be here, Cole can do better blablablabla. All you talk about is that best friend of yours. I don't think we'll work out."

I stared at Collin in shock. I can't believe him. "B-But I was telling the truth. I mean, you could learn from Cole."

Collin shook his head and laughed shortly. "Well, I don't think I'm right for you. I'm calling us off. See you around."

And with that my boyfriend, no, ex-boyfriend walked away. I got to admit it, I'm kinda hurt.

With my mouth still gaping I went inside the house to find my older brother Alec munching some Cheetos in the living room while watching some lame show. I quickly collapsed beside him and snatched the bag of Cheetos. I angrily ate it taking three at a time.

"Whoa!" my brother said looking at me. "I know that look. It's the famous my-boyfriend-broke-up-with-me look!"

I punched him hard on his arm.

"Oww!" he winced rubbing the spot where my blow hit him. "That was harsh sissy. So I'm right? Collin did broke up with you."

I sighed setting the bag of Cheetos down. I hugged my legs and buried my face in them. "Yeah."

"He lasted long enough." My brother said picking up the Cheetos.

"Well I thought he would be different." I raised my head to look at him.

Alec shut the tv and looked at me. "What, in the first place, made you date him?"

I straightened and stretched my arms. "He's on the soccer team with Cole and he said he also liked mint flavored  ice cream like Cole. And he also has COL on his name like Cole."

My brother surprised me by laughing. "Let's rewind a little bit. Six months ago you also went out with Jace Carters. What made you go out with him?"

I thought about that. "Jace has the same sandy hair as Cole. And he likes to take me to Spaghetti King which is Cole's favorite place."