Chapter 16: Snake in the Grass

💎Eden pov💎

The bright sun shined in my face as I woke up in my hospital room. I glanced over to see Geno knocked out.

How could have I been pregnant and not know? I didn't show any signs or symptoms for me to even think that I was.

The doctor walked in. "Good morning."
She said out loud. Geno jumped out of his sleep and wiped the slob from his lip.

"How are you feeling Miss Love?" She asked me.

"I'm doing ok, but my throats hurts." My voice sounded real raspy.

"Yes, we had to put a tube down your throat when the anesthesiologist put you to sleep. Try eating ice , it might make it feel better." She informed me.

She went into detail about how she believes stress caused my miscarriage. They placed me on bed rest and gave me my released papers.

Geno left early to go get the car. The nurses wheels me out.

He got out and helped me in the car.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me. I nodded my head.

Geno drove to a near by Denny's, even though my body felt sore, I wasn't going to turn down some yummy food.

We went inside and got a table. The waitress came and took our orders.

"I can't believe I was almost a dad." Geno broke the silence.

I slowly sipped my apple juice. "Yea, still can't believe I was pregnant." I added on.

"Man things been so crazy, I need to get back on my grind.." I didn't respond to Geno's remark.

The waitress brung our food and I ate slowly due to my sore throat.

"How you feeling?" He asked me.

"I'm ok, but i really need a break." I sighed.

"Well , what can I do to help you out?" I questioned.

"Let me go, you already have Toya there, I can't be there no more, I need my own place." I was honest with Geno. I didn't want to be in that house any more.

"I'm not letting you go." He replied.

I rolled my eyes.

"Genesis you are so selfish. I just lost our baby. The least you can do for me,"

My eye began to water and I quickly wiped them away.

Geno sat back.

"I'll let you get your place, but I have to be the one to pick it out, it has to be in my name." Geno offered me. At this point, I didn't care as long as I was out that house.

"That's fine, if you also furnish it, put food in the fridge and pay the bills." I took a bite of  my hash brown.

"Damn, aight. I'll try to have you out by the end of this week." He told me.

I nodded.

We left Denny's and went back to the house. I'm so happy I'm leaving.

When we got the house, Geno lifted up the garage and I notice my car sitting there.

I never knew that he had my car here. "That's coming with me too." I told Geno.

"That's cool." He responded with the no emotion.

Geno helped me out the car and into the house. Toya stood there staring and looking stupid as always.

He walked me into my room and helped me in the bed. I could tell something was wrong with him.

"You ok?" I asked him. "Yea I'm good ma, you just focus on resting up... One Day we will meet you for sure." Geno kissed my stomach.

"So she was pregnant?" We both glanced up to Toya standing in my room.

"Who the fuck told you to come in here." Geno snapped at her.

I pulled up the covers.

"Can you please turn off the light when you leave?" I asked him.

Geno kissed my forehead and walked out. Toya glared at me then followed right behind him.

💰Geno pov💰

Toya followed me out of Eden's room.

"So you got this bitch pregnant?"

I kept walking. She continued to follow me. "Tell me Geno?!"

I turned around and stared at her as I clenched my jaws. She knew then to bag off. I went in my office and called up Dirk. I told him I needed a favor.

"What's up boss?" He answered.

"I need an apartment not too far from my place, fully furnished by this weekend." I leaned back in my chair.

"Oo, ight I got you.. I know a lil chick that can get that done for me and she into that home decor shit too, this for you?" Dirk asked me.

"Nah Eden man, don't say shit .. But she had a miscarriage with my seed and I'm trying to give her the space she needs, but still got to keep an close eye on her so I'll be needing the extra key."
Dirk right now seen more of my right hand nigga than Ryan.

"You got my word man, and damn that's fucked up, I didn't even know you was messing with her like ,but I'm on it."

I got off the phone with Dirk and sat there in deep thought.

Dirk pov

I called up my home girl Zoe. She is the girl that I was telling Geno about.

Im not going to front, we messed around a few times, but she's a good girl and she always come through for a nigga.

As I sat in my car and talked to Zoe, I see Ryan walking up.

"What's up." We dapped each other. "Shid nun talking to Zoe right now."

"Aww shit, tell Zoey I said hello, but have you talking to Geno? He haven't talked to me in weeks." Ryan asked.

"Nah man , I haven't heard from G either." I lied.

"Aye Ryan but did you ever tell Geno about you and Toya?" I questioned him.

Ryan smirked. I knew then something wasn't right.

23 comments 🐍

15 votes 🐍