Chapter 25: More of You

💓Eden pov 💓

I got up this morning for work. I'm getting real good with this makeup stuff. Today Zoey and I had to do a bridal party.

After I shower and got dress in my uniform, I made breakfast for Genesis and I. I've been sleeping in the office for the past 2 nights. I really don't take well being yelled at like I'm a little kid.

I tried to be out the house before he wake up and just have his plate ready for him ,but this morning I was out of luck.

"So you just going to make me breakfast, but no goodbye or kiss before you go , again?" I looked up to see Genesis standing there while I was putting his eggs on the plate.

"Look it's the time to talk, I need to go." I told him. As I tried to walk past him, Genesis grabbed my arm with his free hand and stared in my eyes.

"Eden I can have at least 5 minutes of your time. You haven't been coming to bed or showing me any love, if had something to do with the other night, I'm sorry. I was just stressed out." He apologized. I could see he felt bad.

"You can't take your stress out on me when I be trying to tell you the truth." I told him.

"I understand, but why you always running away when things go left, or not perfect?" I thought for a second.

I didn't know how to explain why I do it. I've been doing since I entered foster care. I'm just one of those who deal with problems by being by their self and not dealing with it at all.

"I don't know, I just do." I replied.

Genesis kissed my forehead. "I'm going to be late, ill see you when I get home." I told him.

I left the house and headed to the hotel where the bridal part were going to be getting ready.

When I got there I saw Zoey already setting up.

"Hey girl." We greeted each other with a hug.

The bridal party arrived and we did their makeup.

As we had down time, Zoey came over like it was something on her mind.

"So guess what?" She asked me.

"What?"

"So I was on the phone with my girl Unique, and you know her girl friend Trix works for Geno."

I was trying to see where Zoey wad taking this story.

"Well, she told me Ryan came over last night and was talking to Trix." She smirked.

I was so confused. "Ok and why should that bother me?" I giggled.

"Ryan didnt start fucking with Trix until after Geno and Dirk kicked his lil ass to the side. Now he all in Trix face happy and dapping her up?" Zoey informed me.

I tried to connect the dots on what she was implying.

"So you think Ryan, trying to get information out of Trix?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yes, and you know him and Toya had a lil thing going on." She added on.

I leaned against the table and thought. "Yea I know, which now makes me think if he still talks to her, because you just don't cut off a person that fast... But, why would Ryan need information?" I asked.

"Girl, I have no idea. With him you will never know. I suggest you get Geno on that ASAP." She popped her gum

" I feel like he's doing some sneaky shit. If I find Ryan, I can find Toya, but I'm not going to tell Genesis just yet, I need my own personal investigation. Besides I think his ass had something to do with G's house burning down."