Chapter 3: New Job

Today, I got a co worker to take me back and forth to work. I really don't have the money to get a car plus bills and everything else that is due.

It's been a week since that guy offer me that job in a weird way. It has taken everything in me not to contact him, but I'm very curious. Like what if this assistant opportunity really is a better way for me to make money. I mean I can always can walk away from the job if I don't like it.

I sighed. I decide to text him while I was on lunch break.

Me: Hey this is the Eden, the girl  that was having car trouble last week, I was seeing if we could meet up some where and talk about that job offer.

With in 5 minutes I got a text back.

Geno: Glad you decide to hit me up 😏
Yea we can meet, where ever you want ma.

I rolled my eyes at the text.

Me: The lil diner across from my job  around 6pm.

Geno: alright, see you there

---------------------------

After I got off work, I crossed the street to the small diner.
When I walked in, I glanced around and I spotted him sitting in the very back with 2 other guys sitting at another table across from his.

I walked over and he began smiling.

"Hey." I greeted him and sat down.

"What's popin' ?"

The waitress came over and we both told her that we just wanted water.

Me: "Nothing, just got off work, but lets just get straight to the point about this job as your assistant."

The guy began chuckling along with his boys.

Geno: your name is Eden right?

Me: "yes"

Geno: "well I'm geno, and you can ask any questions you need to."

Me: "well, I need to know what are the hours , pay, what types of task I'll be doing and do I get any benefits.."

Geno chuckled again. I didn't see anything funny.

Geno: "you would start work first thing in the moring til night, so about seven am to ten am. Pay would be around six thousand every two weeks, and you will be doing anything from running errands, getting me breakfast, type stuff.

I thought about it. Six thousand every two weeks sounds real good.

Me: "... and your girl not going to have a problem?"

Geno: "girl?"

Me: "yes, the girl you came in the store with that day?"

Geno laughed.

Geno: "nah, she is not my girl anymore, so you good."

Me: "mm ok so what do you do? I need to know who I'm working for."

Geno: "I own a couple businesses, but we talk about that later. When can you start?"