Y-E-S

After we got home and Matteo and I ate McDonalds I rocked him to sleep then called Hudson and told him to come over. I sat on the couch and unable to sit I stood up and paced back and forth nervously for about five minutes until he got here. As soon as I heard the first knock on the door I opened it and looked him in the eyes.
Hudson: Its only been a day. Are you sure you've had enough time to-
Me: Yes. I will marry you. That's what I should've said yesterday but I was being selfish. I love you. I want to get married right after Matteo's birthday.
Hudson: Really. I mean that's fast. I was thinking we would get married in another year or so but one month... Its okay if you want to do it, I'm going to do whatever you want for this wedding.
Me: I don't want it to be just me doing all the work. You're coming with me to cake testing and we'll each pick one color for the decorations.
Hudson: There has to be two colors?
Me: Every wedding has two colors, but the have to match. But Matteo comes first. He wants a Chuck E Cheese party and chocolate cake and that's what he's gonna get.
Hudson: I have it all covered for the wedding but if I pay for both I'll be broke for at least a year and a half.
Me: I have the birthday party, and my dad insists that he pays for at least half of the wedding.
Hudson: You told your dad that we were getting married?
Me: Yeah, is that not okay?
Hudson: It is, but you know what that means.
Me: What?
Hudson: You have a crush on me!
I giggled and he came and picked me up and spun me around. When he put me down I kissed him. I never thought that this would've happened. I meet a guy at a bar, he accepts that I have a kid, a couple months later we get married, obviously move in together. But where? His house? Dads house? I could always give dads house to Monica, since it was way bigger that this one.  He had moved since I had Matteo, he lived in one of the bigger houses now, in the same subdivision though. Matteo and I could move in with Hudson and it'd be like we were a real family.
But what if it just didn't work out. I'm not being negative, I'm just thinking about the other possibilities. Monica could not want dads house, or she could have to move away for work. Hudson's parents could not even approve of the wedding. Wait, I've never even met Hudson's parents.
Me: Hudson.
Hudson: Yeah babe?
He was in the kitchen browsing the refrigerator.
Me: I'm gonna have to meet your parents before the wedding.
Hudson: My parents are dead.
Me: What?
Hudson: Yeah. They died in a car crash about two years ago on their way here from San Francisco.
Me: Why didn't you tell me!?
Hudson: I couldnt think of a good time to come up to you and say 'Oh hey, oh yeah, my parents are dead.'
Me: You were lucky to have them, I grew up without a mom and now my dad only has four months left to live!
Hudson: Kaylen, I'm so sorry, I didn't know.
Me: Exactly. Nobody knows, but you should be considerate anyways.
Hudson: Is that why you wanted to get married so fast.
Me: Yes.
He walked up to me and hugged me. We didn't talk, we didn't kiss, no touchy feely. We just hugged. And I loved him.