Five Minutes

Hudson: I love you. I know what I said was stupid and idiotic, and that should have never came to my mind especially after knowing how much your against sexism. I won't be able to say it enough times before I die, but I love you. If you leave I'll never be able to live with myself.
Monica: Are you really gonna listen to his bullshit?
Me: Shut up
Hudson: Kaylen
Tears dripped down my cheeks. He took a step forward and placed his hand on my face.
Hudson: I know its only been eight months, but I want you for the rest of my life.
Me: Hudson, I-I
Hudson: Will you marry me?
Me: I don't know. I love you too but-
Hudson: But what? If we love each other then why not get married?
Me: Because Hudson! I don't want to get hurt. I love you and even if we did get married that still wouldn't stop the rumor and sexist and racist people. I'm still young and I want to have fun while it lasts before my career blasts off.
Hudson: I understand. I'll give you your space. Will you just take the ring and think about it?
I nodded trying to hide my excitement. He pulled the ring out of his pocket and put it in my hand. He turned around and before he could leave I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me and kissed him.
It was a big, hard, wet and romantic kiss. Like all of our kisses put together, times infinity.
Me: I love you Hudson.
Hudson: I love you Kaylen.
He kissed me one last time then left, shutting the door behind him. I smiled as I turned around and my smile disappeared when I saw the disappointment in Monica's face.
Me: You're not about to bring me down because of your attitude.
Monica: What the hell Kaylen? You were just moping to me about how much of an ass hole he is and now your considering marrying him? Just listen to yourself.
Me: I know how it sounds Monica, but what choice do I have. Your basically with another guy every five weeks and when I finally get a decent one I'm not allowed to change my mind? I grew up hating myself because I didn't have a boyfriend and I thought I was ugly and worthless, but now that I have Hudson he makes me feel like I have purpose.
Monica: Kaylen, you're my best friend in the entire world and if you want to get married to a man that makes you feel special then do it. That's every girls dream. And now that you have it I hope you're happy and that you don't waist it, because not all good things last forever.
She grabbed her clutch on the coffee table then patted my back as she left and got into a black Mercedes with a handsome dark man.
I held the ring up and looked at it. It was beautiful, about .5 carats. I wondered if he had just bought it. If I said no it would've been such a waist if money. I loved him. Truly. Honestly. But would it be forever. And what if he was lying. I've been lied to lots and lots of times and I really didn't want to just wait around and see if was just in lust in stead of love. I loved him but just because someone proposes doesn't mean they're in love. My mom proposed to my dad when they were 20 they had me, got married then got divorced a couple years later.
My dad was heartbroken and I was terrified of what would happen. I wouldn't want Mateo to feel how I felt went I lost my mom and Hudson would be the closest thing he's ever had to a dad.
I decided to sleep on it. Literally. I put the ring on my finger and slept with my left hand comforting my head. Good night.