Picking up Matteo

After I woke up I put on gray sweatpants and a white tank top with a green and blue button down with army green low top Converse. I grabbed my purse and got my keys then drove to my dads house to get Matteo. He would be four in another month and we had to plan where he wanted to go, what kind of cake, music, entertainment, wait, this isn't a wedding what am I talking abou- A wedding. I looked down at my finger at the beautiful ring and wondered. My dad and Matteo couldn't know yet. I took off the ring and put it in my button down pocket. When I pulled into his driveway Matteo and dad were sitting on the porch. I got out of the car and Matteo came running to me with his little legs back and forth rapidly. I picked him up and spun him around.
Me: Ooo, baby I missed you so much.
Matteo: I missed you too mamma. What are we doing today?
Me: Its a surprise
Matteo: Okay. Can we get E-I-E-I-O?
That's what he calls McDonalds. I nodded then put him down and he ran up to dad and hugged him. Then he grabbed his Superman suitcase and dragged it to the car. I opened the car door and put the suitcase on the seat, then I picked up Matteo and buckled him into his car seat.
Me: Thank you for watching him daddy.
Dad: No problem. But I might might not be around much longer to watch him.
Me: Dad... What are you talking about?
Dad: I didn't plan to tell you this early but, the other day, my doctor told me that I only had fourth months left to live.
I immediately broke down in tears.
Me: No.
Dad: Yes, I'm leaving the house to you to do whatever you please with it.
Me: But, daddy. Why? Why you? You were supposed to walk me down the isle at my wedding, and watch Matteo to grow up to be a handsome man like yourself.
Dad: There's, still time for that. Matteo turns four in a month. And if somehow you get married in less than four months.
He was being sarcastic but a brilliant idea popped into my head.
Me: I can! Hudson proposed yesterday and I told him I needed time to think about it but now that I know this I'm saying yes. Its my dream to have you walk me down the isle and I'm not going to let you die without doing it.
I said it all in one breath without thinking at all.
Dad: That's wonderful honey! But I don't want you to rush into something that you're not ready to do just because I'm dying.
Me: Dad, I love him. And he loves me. Trust me. I'm ready.
Dad: So, he proposed to you without a ring?
He grabbed my left hand holding it up. I grabbed the ring out of my pocket and showed it to him. His jaw dropped and I closed it for him. He handed it back to me and I put back on.
Dad: That's amazing. But are you sure your ready?
Me: Yes. I love you daddy and I'll text every hour but I promised Matteo that I'd take him to McDonalds.
Dad: Okay baby, I love you. Congratulations.
Me: Thank you daddy. I love you too.
I kissed his cheeks then got in my car and tried to explain how Hudson was gonna start being in our life more.