Prologue - Escape

Please note that this story does contain OC's and this opening prologue is just to set the mood of the story.

Hello and welcome to my story! First and foremost, I feel a certain inclination to add a warning to all my younger readers out there. I know that some of you are still under the restriction of not being able to attend a PG-13 movie without the supervision of an adult (no offense intended of course!) but that being said, I feel it is my duty as the author to warn the younger audience (as well as those who don’t approve of the occasional use of swearing and/or somewhat sexual situations and references as well as a certain amount of violence; all in good fun of course! ;). If these things bother you, then feel free to steer to another, more family friendly story, but otherwise do enjoy :).

ALSO I want to just say that I had begun this story AGES ago. We’re talking (I believe) before or just slightly after the sixth book was released, so loooong time ago (yes I am that old x]) But because of this there are a few plot alterations that I invented because I had no way of knowing how the stories would play themselves out in the end. So some things will not be canon. I have not finished writing, but I do know what is going to happen and when it is going to happen, so please bear in mind that this is not going to follow the books exactly. I think that it all for now, I hope you enjoy and please comment and rate! It really makes everything worth it! :D

Cheers!

xx

Hogwarts: A History (The Tale of the Marauders)

It was dark, so dark. Sirius Black could scarcely see his hand, which was steadily holding his wand not two feet from his face. He could just make out the door. If he could only reach it, he would be free. Free from this living hell he was forced into every waking moment he was away from the safe haven he had come to know as Hogwarts.

A voice echoed from behind him in the dark corridor, "Master Black should not be awake at this hour," Sirius spun on his heel and strained his eyes in the darkness, "Kreacher should awake the misses. Master Black is not allowed out of his room after night has fallen."

"Kreacher, bugger off. I'm just going to get some fresh air,"

"Kreacher is not fooled by Master Black's trickery, Kreacher knows what lurks in Master's head,"

"Then Kreacher will be right to go away before he get his head smashed in, wouldn't he?" Sirius once again reached for the door.

"Misses! MISSES! MASTER BLACK IS ESCAPING! MASTER BLACK IS ESC-" But Kreacher was knocked off his feat as Sirius sent a stunning spell straight to his chest and raced out of the door and down the sidewalk away from the prison that was Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.

'Right, well, Prong's house isn't too far away.' Sirius thought as he started to head north just past the corner bakery where he spent much of his youth nicking biscuits from the kind old man who owned the shop. 'Just a couple hours walk. If I start now I should get there at about’ Sirius groaned as he looked down at his watch. He hadn't realized it was past midnight, and he really didn't want to bother the Potter's. They had been so kind to him since James had met Sirius in a local daycare. That was the day Sirius believed his life truly began. Up until then, he had exhausted all his energy on trying to prove his worth to his family, despite the bitter resentment that he felt towards them for their medieval beliefs.

He smiled as his mind began to drift back to that day almost eight years ago. Sirius had been nine; his mother had been too busy to take care of him properly, although she seemed to make plenty of time for Sirius' younger brother, Regulus. Regulus, who could do no wrong in his parents' fond eyes, had been reluctantly dragged along to a 'child help' program for the young, wizarding, adolescence. It had been an early morning during late August when Sirius' mother had dropped them off, to better enjoy her free day of shopping and splurging.