Chapter 1 - Reaquaintances

"Oi! James! Over here!" A very short girl named Gizelle McLinton shouted as she grabbed her trunk and headed over to meet the annoyingly obnoxious and conceited, but undeniably lovable James Potter. She had long and brown curly hair that fell to the middle of her back and hazel-green eyes that she had proudly inherited from her mother. She had a kind face, with a pixie nose, and when she smiled (she did this often) two dimples would appear by the corners of her mouth. She tottered along the platform, barely visible in the large crowd, until she came face to face with James. 

"Alright there Giz?” He patted her on the back, “Missed ya over the summer. I was glad to see you took your time answering my mail."

"Yeah, well you know my arse and the couch had a lot of catching up to do." She smiled and took him in. His black hair was, as per usual, terribly untidy and his big hazel eyes were staring at her warmly. He simply oozed with the persona of 'cool' that was so natural to him so, as tradition granted, she grabbed him in a hug.

"Merlin I missed you!" he picked her up and rocked her back and forth in his embrace, "Here, let me get your things." He grabbed the end of her trunk and disappeared for a moment into the back of the Hogwarts Express."So," his head came back into view and this time was accompanied by a sly grin, "have you seen Lily yet?"

'Already up to this'  she thought absently to herself, "No, sorry James, but you know Lily, she was probably here ages ago. She's a prefect mind you. You won't see her 'till you get to Hogwarts."

"Right then, I forgot. So, er, Gizelle, I’ve been really thinking and our time at Hogwarts is going to be coming to an end. I still haven’t made any progress in the Lily department, do you think I might have a chance with her this year?" The look on his face was incredibly heartbreaking, and, to say the least, a bit pathetic.  

Gizelle sighed wearily "Just couldn't help bringing that up, eh James? Well that would all just depend."

"On what?" His face showed the slightest hint of excitement.

"On whether or not you’re going to stop being a pig headed, bullying, showoff in front of her really" Gizelle shrugged her shoulders with a sincere look upon her face.

"Touché." 

Startled, Gizelle and James quickly whisked around and a very familiar face caught their gaze.

Sirius Black had come around the corner and was making his way toward James and Gizelle. His black fringe fell delicately into his grey eyes, slightly damp with sweat from the crowed platform, and he thrust his head upward so that it flew onto his forehead and his well defined cheekbones could clearly be seen. As he walked, a path was made for him and all the girls, young and old, stopped to get a good look at his face, and, more importantly, his bum. Enclosing the rest of the distance, Gizelle ran up to him and embraced him in a backbreaking hug. "Oh! I heard about what happened. You finally got away from your parents! I am so proud of you. They’re rubbish anyway." She stood on tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.

"Hey Padfoot," James walked over and gave his best friend a slap on the back.

"Prongs. Sorry, I couldn't get into the prefects' compartment. Apparently I'm not 'worthy' of such luxury." He held up his middle and index fingers and bent them up and down twice as he said this, "So she's either well protected in the 'luxury of all that is prefect' or not here yet."

"S'ok." said James, "Our wittle Zelly here is going to help me with that." he casually flung his arm around Gizelle's shoulder.

"I am?" she laughed raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes, you are. You, my dear Giz, are going to put in a good word about me every chance you-." However, James was cut short when a high pitched scream echoed through the steaming hall of the train platform.

"Oh gosh. Oh gosh! OH GOSH!" The three teenagers turned and were completely suffocated when an over ecstatic, jumping, startlingly beautiful gir engulfed them in a leaping hug. She released them, all the time laughing about how much she had missed them and how they had so much catching up to do.  The girl, Evalyn Jetter, or better known as, if you knew what was good for you, Eva, backed up from her friends and straightened her Mauve jumper.