Chapter 11 - But When Even They Don't Work...

Author's note alert! 

Hey all! I just wanted to quickly say that you NEED to go check out LittleRue. I held a one-shot contest, and her entry "The Light" won. It was beautiful and gave me numerous goosebumps! So go check out her work, I'll think you'll like what you find :D

Gizelle had never owned a dog. She never felt the need considering that she was perfexrly content with her cat, but with the way people had been following her around all day she now had a pretty decent idea as to what it might be like to have one.

She hadn’t gotten more than fifteen feet out of the common room before the first pair began trailing her and it had taken almost ten minutes of glaring for them to finally steer off toward the Great Hall.

The group that was currently on her tail were four Slytherins that she had neither met nor seen before. Gizelle tried to ignore what they were saying, but the group was not exactly making an effort to hide their remarks.

“Yeah, yeah. I was there when it happened. She jumped on the table and started screaming, ‘I’ll make you love me! I’ll make you love me!’ Stupid, really. I mean, she’s got nice honkers, but other than that,” One of the boys trailed off as the two others sniggered gleefully.

The only girl in the group piped in, “But hasn’t she already got a boyfriend?” The others looked at her inquisitively. “You know, the blonde, sort of lanky, Irish, plays Quidditch for Gryffindor…oh, what’s his name…”

“Kelly?” One of the boys offered.

The girl’s face lit up, “Yeah! That’s him! She’s always with him; always flirting. Completely throws herself at him.”

Gizelle groaned. It had not been the first time someone had mistaken Hannah and herself as a couple, but she had thought that, given it was the end of their sixth year and Hannah had gone through puberty, people might have dropped that misconception.

“Well Black’s not exactly an idiot,” the first boy replied.

The third chortled. “I suppose that depends on your definition of idiot!” He looked quite proud of himself for coming up with his remark. 

At the moment, Gizelle couldn’t agree more.

The girl looked back and forth between the others, “But he’s so dreamy,” she sighed, clutching her books tighter.

~.:#:.~

It had been over two weeks since Sirius and Gizelle’s blow-up and neither one had made any effort to reconcile. This put unwanted stress on both the rest of the Marauders as well as Lily, Eva and Hannah. Both sides were fiercely loyal to their respective compatriot. Of course, there was the occasional act of treason, mainly Remus and Eva being caught studying together or lying by the Black Lake. For the most part, however, things seemed to be split down the middle. Even James had refrained from his usual courtship of Lily, in order to support Sirius.

Gizelle had done her best to avoid him whenever possible and she was sure that Sirius was making the same effort. She was currently skipping along through a mostly empty corridor with Hannah. A force on the back of her head prompted her to swivel around to see who was staring at her. Her eyes landed on Sirius, who had his wand out and was walking toward her. Her mouth puckered as he came closer, fearing for a second that he was going to send a spell towards her, following him with her head as she continued walking on. She lost her footing, crashing into a student who was walking a few feet ahead of her.

She was brought back to reality when a sharp pain surged through the lower half of her body. She fell to the ground, on her knees. Her breath was short, but she turned to face her attacker. "Rabastan." she nodded, silently praying that her legs would regain their feeling. Rabastan Lestrange was one of the many Slytherins with whom the Marauders were frequently caught engaging in prohibited duels with throughout the school grounds. She raised her wand ready to strike him when Sirius and Hannah appeared by her side.