Chapter 6 - Complicating Things

Gizelle sprung briskly out of the lavatories, towel slung limply over her shoulder's and her white pyjamas loosely clinging to her small frame. Lily had fallen asleep on her four poster, arms slung over the edge of her bed clutching a tiny reading book and mouth hanging slightly a gap. The curtain around her bed was left open and showed the remnants of a hard night of studying.  She smiled softly to herself, feeling her two dimples crimple against the skin of her face. Lily looked so peaceful. How someone like Gretchen Roberts could possibly be associated with her, Gizelle could not even try to comprehend. She walked over and gently took the book out of her hand and placed it onto the night stand. She unfolded the quilt that lay beside her and laid it gently over Lily's sleeping form. She clicked off the light and silently made her way down to the common room, taking care to step on Gretchen's favourite pair of heels.   

There she found Hannah, James and Remus casually spread out over the three best squishy armchairs.

"Had to beat up the little first years to get those, did you?" She smirked sitting on top of Hannah's outstretched legs and almost falling off as Hannah moved them away from her bum 

"I wouldn't be talking, seeing as most of them tower over you, dear," Hannah stuck her tongue Gizelle's way.

Gizelle rolled her eyes, "I am not short, Hannah. I prefer vertically challenged, thank you very much."

Hannah moved her legs towards the floor, causing Gizelle to fall to the ground.

"Oi! I'll have you!" Gizelle tried to grab Hannah and bring her down to the floor beside her, however she ending up failing miserably, Hannah easily escaping from Gizelle's grip and locking her in a headlock.

"Gizelle you really need to do some strengthening. Get your muscles nice and tight. It's good self defense and maybe then I'd feel comfortable leaving you alone in Hogsmeade for once." Hannah said this as she had Gizelle, face smooshed into a pillow.

"I am not weak!" she said, or rather tried, as her head was still in between the armchair and its cushions.

"Actually, Hannah, that's not too bad an idea. We'll start next practice." James got up from his seat and made his way up to the boy's dorms.

"Where're you going?!" Gizelle sat up as Hannah finally released her and quickly took his armchair before he could return to claim it.

"Some spare parchment," he replied, descending back into the common room, "going to owl the team for an endurance practice tomorrow. I'm thinking twenty laps around the pitch, no broom."

Gizelle shot a glare towards Hannah, "I really don't like you at the moment."

"Right, you lot, practice tomorrow eight a.m. sharp, no excuses or it'll be extra laps,"

Gizelle's jaw dropped. "James! Tomorrow's Saturday!" She exclaimed, "S'not right you making us get up early on a Saturday!"

James could really get a bit ridiculous sometimes. "Why not?” He asked. It occurred to Gizelle that James might not realize how absurd he was being.

"Well, I dunno, maybe because the vast majority of the world's population finds a great deal of comfort in the fact that they can sleep in 'til noon on a Saturday!" Hannah retorted.

"Well, Hannah, most people aren't Gryffindor Quidditch players, are they?" He patted her gently on the head and made his way up to the boy's dorms. At the top he spun quickly around and pointed his finger towards the remaining three people in the room. "Go on, get to bed!"

"Yeah, yeah," Hannah waved James off with her hand and made to get up, but as soon as James's head disappeared, he slumped back into the armchair.

"Whatta nutter, that one. He's some screws loose up there somewhere..."