Chapter 21

Bleugh.

My mood is just horrible right now. Might be the hormones, but it's not even my time of the month yet. I just wanna curl up in a ball, eat brownies and watch "The Notebook", missing my dad Edward, Frankie, Lola, my other ex-friends and my old puppy Roxy all at once.

Halfway through completing my plan I hear a faint knock on the door. "Ari? Can I come in?"

I sigh and drop the bag of brownies on my bedside table. "Sure."

Vic slowly opens the door and creeps in. "You up for a tiny bit of womanly chat?"

I chuckle, "Anything for you, V. So what's up? An ex-boyfriend? That hot guy in your calculus class? A mysterious foreign exchange student with a killer accent?"

She sits down on my blue floral duvet and bitterly takes a brownie from the pack. "Luke."

I scoot closer to her and pat her elbow. "In that case we're in the same situation."

"WHAT?! Now it's Luke for you?"

"Oh my God, girl, chill. I just can't figure out what Jai wants," I admit and sit on the floor facing her, hugging my knees to my chest. "But what it's got to do with Luke - I wanted to warn you not to get too attached to him and then get hurt when he doesn't return the interest. I don't really wanna crash your dreams but summer romances, Vic... That's what they are and that's all they'll be."

Vic sniffs. "I knooow, but what if we were different? What if this all would work out after I left? There's always exceptions."

I surrender and smile. "Of course, Vicky. He just hasn't seen the best of you yet. You gotta enchant him with the charm I know you've got!" I wink at her. Let at least one of us have their perfect imagination of happy ever after.

"But you and Jai? I had a feeling something was up, but to be honest, last evening just messed it up more. You two are a complicated case."

I sigh and chuckle. "Tell me something I don't know." And without even acknowledging it myself, I blurt out, "I just care about him so damn much."

Vic stays silent for a moment. "You know, it's really amusing."

I turn and wait for her to continue.

"You being this... thoughtful over a guy. Just sayin', the Grande girls have always seemed more lovestruck in the heart than in the head - no offence, I consider myself one as well. But in this case... the kid must really have an impact on you."

I just stare out the window. What she said was 100% accurate. "I guess you just worded what I've been thinking for weeks... But okay, tomorrow's a day as well. Right now all I wanna do is stuff cookies in my face, sob over Ryan Gosling's existence and have a laugh with my favorite cousin!" My heart flinches a bit at the word 'Ryan', but not for too long. My sappiness is wiped away and we collapse on my bed giggling.

I'm really lucky to have Victoria.

-

Hey hey hey hey heeey!

Oh how I've missed you babes <3 This afterword won't be as long and sappy as the last time I tried to explain what I'd been up to, it won't make any difference to you. (Oh, btw, I deleted that long rambling because it was getting in the way of my awesome chapters :D (totally kidding guys)) Let's just say the past couple of months have been a hard time for me personally, a ton of family issues and yeh. But I think I'm all better now :) Meanwhile, I DID lost my interest again like it has happened before. But for you guys I'll carry on and finish this story; and then take a break - I'm really sorry. But this story here will come to an end for sure. I don't like to give up halfway through :)

So, I know a lot of you might be wondering: What do I think about their horrible breakup? Am I a Nariana shipper? Who do I think acted right and whose side am I on? What I think is that it really doesn't matter anymore. I think BOTH of them could've easily solved this, calmly, maturely, without catching public attention... I have to be honest, I've got a bit more understanding on Jai's side here. That poor kid was cheated on. And oh, Nathan? My personal opinion is that I don't like him. Yes, he annoys me. But I'd never scoop that low to send him hate for loving a girl. Whatever makes Ariana happy at the moment, I approve.

Although the reality is rather dull and miserable right now with Jai not fully recovered from the heartbreak and Ariana's crazy ride up the rollercoaster of fame, it won't change anything in my storyline. I'm loving the way that everything is forming and uh, in a number of weeks you'll see some results :) this chapter was more of a filler, just to get my imaginative writing back on track. Next one will have some action baby ;) 

Just to let you all know, I DID delete my Zayn fanfic. It's for the best. 

But before I go, I wanna thank you for being so incredibly loyal! I know I always thank you guys at the end of each update (whoops I ain't even sorry) but that's just how I am. The popularity of this fic still doesn't get to me. So yeah, love you all dearly <3 

PS. On the sidebar is Ari's AMA performance - BREATHTAKING. *-*

Comment, vote, fan, add please!

You're ALL beautiful <3 

Signing off, Saskia