Chapter 3

When my alarm clock goes off at 8.30 AM, I'm tired as hell. I drag myself out of bed and start to search through my closet for something formal to wear. Finally I put on a denim pencil skirt, a white blouse with lace on its collar, red cardigan and white flats.

I straighten my hair, apply a bit of black eyeliner and red lipstick, grab my black Gucci bag and go downstairs. I reach for a raspberry smoothie in the fridge, take a granola bar from the cupboard, plug my earphones into my iPod and I'm out the door. 

Sun is shining bright when I walk down the street with my Ray Bans on. It's such a lovely day today, I hope it will cheer me up enough to be polite and lovable at the interviews.

I really need a job right now, especially one that makes money, because at the age of 19 I'm still living under my parents' roof - they are the ones who feed me, give me money, keep me warm and I feel like I should support them more, financially. 

Also I'd like to save up for an apartment and maybe buy a car one day... Again, right now I drive around in my parents' silver Mercedes...

Wow. When I start counting up the things they do for me, the amount is enormous. Seriously, where am I going with my life at the moment?

Nowhere. That's what it looks like to me. I REALLY need to get a good job. 

***

You can guess how it went. 

Pissed off, I sit in the train, listening to Skylar Grey, also known as 'the goddess of depressive music'. Don't ask. I did everything I could, I repeat EVERYTHING to make the employers love me, but I guess I just wasn't convincing enough. 

First, I went to the Lolita Models Australia office, the biggest modeling company in Melbourne. They said that I had the looks, but I wasn't tall enough. I visited the Starbucks headquarters here, and they told me I was too unexperienced. Like what the hell? It's a freaking Starbucks for crying out loud!

I even applied for teaching English in an elementary school - that's right, now you know how desperately I need a job. English was one of the only things I was great at in high school. But they sent me off saying I was too young to be a teacher. 

I have almost lost all my hope, but I promise myself that I would try out one more place tomorrow and then that would be it, I'd ship off to Germany and volunteer to work in a homeless people shelter. Or something similar.

I turn the music louder, let the rhythm flood me completely and zone out for a bit, looking out of the window. 

All of a sudden I hear a bark. 

Confused, I turn to see where it came from and almost fall off the bench. Because it's the JANOSKIANS!!! I can perfectly tell it's Jai who's barking, sitting at the opposite end of the wagon and Beau is filming it. I try to act cool and think of what I should do next.

I can't go to another wagon without them noticing me. I can't go and say 'hi' to them either, since I'm the one who walked away carelessly. I could just continue sitting here I guess, but some weird sort of power tells me to go straight up to them.

So I close my eyes and whisper, "It's now or never."

I stand up and walk straight towards Luke. 

"Hey guys." I nod at them awkwardly.

"Hi..." James has a puzzled look on his face. Of course, he has never seen me before, I bet he thinks I am some sort of fangirl who' should be about to faint at any moment.

I turn to Luke and ask, "Do you remember me? I am the girl from Macca's yesterday."

Before he can answer anything, Jai's whole face lights up.