Chapter 9

I park my Mercedes partly on the sidewalk and step out. It's 8:37 and I'm already outside the Brooks' house, which is quite extraordinary - I have this bad habit where I'm NEVER early, rather late. To be here at half past eight on a Tuesday morning took me effort, but here I am. 

I try to enter the house quietly but fail, making the old wooden door creek. I flinch. Dammit, was this really necessary? If they were all still asleep and I was the reason they had to wake up earlier, they're gonna be extremely mad at me. I know I would. 

But I was wrong. Because 2 seconds later, already a very fresh-looking Gina steps out of the kitchen, wearing a striped gray suit and heels and holding a 'Melbourne National History Museum' coffee mug. 

"Oh, sweetheart! You're so early! Just what I like in a woman - always be ready. That's what I try to tell Jai, Luke and Beau too... Well, as you can see it hasn't worked yet, they're still asleep. Daniel and James should be here in 15 minutes. Come, sit down, I fried some eggs. Have you eaten already or are you hungry?" 

I still haven't quite got used to the Aussies' hospitality, so I just nod silently and sit down. I only had one Caramel Mocha on my way here. 

"Why are you dressed like that? Do the Janoskians' crew people have to dress smart?" I ask worriedly and look down at my jeggings and white hoodie. 

Gina laughs like what I just said was the funniest thing on Earth. As you've probably made out already, she's kind of a cheery person.

"No, of course not, dear. What you're wearing is just fine. I bet it's rather useful, sometimes the boys' pranks consist of puking everywhere so a simple outfit might do better."

She looks at my grossed out expression and chuckles.

"I was kidding, sweetie. But you wanted to know why I'm dressed smart. Well, I work in an office full-time actually, being a manager is only my part-time job. I have to make the living y'know, raising 3 almost grown men alone is not easy," she smiles sadly and takes another tiny sip from her mug. 

I'm about to ask what she meant by that but there's no need, she's so talkative that everything comes out naturally.

"I know what you're thinking, dear." Aww, I love they way she calls me 'dear' or 'sweetheart' all the time!

"I bet you're thinking where my husband is then? Well... He left us when Beau was 3 and the twins only 2 and a few weeks old. Since the day he walked out on us we haven't heard a word from him." 

I gasp. I guess I'm not the only one with a broken family here. 

Gina looks like she's about to cry so I quickly stand up, walk at the other side of the round kitchen table, take her hand and try to be comforting. I'm not really good at emotional stuff.

"Your husband is a total jerk," I blurt out, regretting it from the moment it escapes my lips. Although it seems to help: she sniffs her nose, dries the tears with her sleeve and straightens her suit. 

"Oh my God, Mrs. Brooks, I didn't mean to-"

She smiles and cuts me off, "Oh, no. Every word you said is true. He is a big one, indeed. And who needs a man anyway? I've got three of my own and I will make sure they know how to treat a lady. And please, honey, call me Gina."

I smile widely. "Okay, Gina," and embrace her with a tight hug. 

Suddenly we hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Before we can pull away, a very sleepy and grumpy shirtless Luke appears in the doorway. When he sights me, his stare softens. 

 "Ariana! Looks like you've made buddies with our mom already," he notes, smiling softly.

I look at Gina and admit, "Yep, we had a teensy bit of woman talk here. Where are Jai and Beau?"

"Ah, these lazy asses are still asleep."

He walks over to the table to take a seat and starts digging on a plate full of fried eggs, roasted tomatoes and bacon. I can't help peeking under to table to see his stomach.

Gina giggles and shakes her head, looking at me. "Teenage boys, I tell you. In the morning they're the slowest and hungriest creatures alive, but when there's a girl to flirt with-"

"MOM! Stop it!" Luke's face turns completely red and he looks down at his breakfast, embarrassed.

Gina sticks her tongue out at him, "I was only telling the truth."

I laugh. Gina seems like such a cool and laid-back mom, I wish mine was more like her...

Then there is the next sleepy, shirtless, even hotter boy standing there at the kitchen door. Jai. When he sees me, his face lights up like a little kid's on the Christmas morning - almost like Luke's, only many times more excited.

I smile at him and say, "Hi Jaaai," bringing out the 'a' in his name. 

"Hey to you too," he smiles back and plops down next to Luke (who is almost done with the second serving, apparently Beau's portion) and starts to eat too.

"Guys!" Gina cries. "Are you more interested in the bacon or the lovely lady standing over  here?" I chuckle. 

 "I would be, I mean if she wasn't our assistant..." That was Jai.

I look at him surprised, deep down hoping that he really meant what he said. He just shrugs at me and continues eating. Oh. Am I that boring? 

Suddenly the door bursts open and there are James and Daniel, apparently laughing at a joke one of them just made.

"HEY YOU SLUTS!" Daniel yells and then sights Gina. He is immediately taken aback and looks at the ground shyly, causing even me to crack up, not to mention the other guys and Gina herself. 

"Go on, dear, express yourself if you feel the urge to. Don't even mind me. I was already halfway out the door," and with that she grabs her handbag, car keys and khaki raincoat. After pecking mine, Jai's and Luke's cheek, she pats James's shoulder, ruffles Skip's hair - still laughing - and walks through the front door. 

We don't even notice when Beau arrives downstairs. When I finally do, it's too late - he's on top of Luke and they're one big wrestling heap on the floor. Beau pins Luke to the ground and screams at the top of his lungs, "YOU FILTHY PEASANT!!! YOU ATE ALL OF MY FOOD!!! I'M GONNA GIVE YOU IN FOR CHILD ADOPTION!"

This is sure going to be an interesting day. 

-

Hey tweeps! (Ari style :3)

OH. EM. GEE. You gotta be kidding me here. When I saw it I literally fangirled. Seems like I've reached freaking 2000 reads!!! THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH!!! I remember telling my best friend like 2 weeks ago that can you believe it, I got 1K reads with only a month and now, BAM another 1K with twice a shorter time o.0 And I will have no one to thank but you guys, my loyal readers-voters-commenters-fans ;) You're all kind of friends for me <3

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as I promised it was longer and a lot less pointless than the previous one :D The next one should be up in the following week or so. I have written up to like 16th chapter so I gotta start quickly writing again, otherwise I would come to a point where I'd have no material to put up here and that wouldn't. be. nice.

I hope everyone is having a kick-ass weekend! :P #LWWY (apparently the new #YOLO)

PS. On the sidebar is Ari's Caramel Mocha, oh how I crave for one at the moment >.< hopefully in May I will finally get to taste it! And if you haven't seen it yet, "Ariana Does Jai's Makeup", as cute as the previous one :* GO GET MARRIED OK 

Comment, vote, fan, add!

You're beautiful <3

-Sasha Malik (teeheehee)