Chapter 15

After the principal called Benjamin Parker has dismissed us from the meeting, we have to go downstairs to the secretary and sign a few contracts, for example like when something health-related happens to the guys on set they can't blame the company or if something of theirs gets stolen or destroyed during the filming process, again not to blame the company.

This freaks me out a bit, but I say nothing. They ask me for my signature too and I sign all the papers. Then we are good to go until Monday, when it's the first day of filming. 

Finally outside in the parking lot, I take the chance and grab Jai's sleeve. He looks down at me, questioningly. "We need to talk. Alone."

The boys all arrived in one car so we go and sit in mine. Once he's got in the passenger seat and closed the door, words start escaping my mouth.

"Why didn't you reply to any of my calls? Or why didn't you text me back? Were you so busy yesterday that you couldn't even pick up your phone once? After that night, have you any idea how much I needed to talk to you? I-" 

Suddenly I shut up. Jai has put his hand on mine, his smooth palm caressing my fingers. I wish I could pull my hand off, but I just can't. He turns my chin so that I'm facing him. 

"Hey," his eyes flicker, "I had no idea you were that desperate. I saw all your texts and missed calls. I just wasn't willing to talk yesterday."

I feel the annoyance rising in me. "Oh yeah? Well what important incident happened then?"

Jai looks down at his legs and suddenly I feel sorry for snapping at him. But he still has to explain. "Ari, Lala died last morning."

I wish I could punch myself in the face, or at least have someone to do it for me. 

I can feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes and I grab his hand with both of mine. "Jai, I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. I never meant to say that. Please forgive me."

He looks at me again, his eyes a bit watery but somehow manages a smile. "It's okay. You didn't know. And I can't blame you for being mad at me, I really wanted to call but I just couldn't bring myself to that. We had a rather quiet day yesterday at home. We didn't want to disturb Lala's peace."

I sniff. "You are so strong, Jai. I mean, if Coco had died, I would've been rolling on my bed crying for a week. But after just one day, you are here, grabbing such an important opportunity. I appreciate that." 

He smiles a bit sadly. "Yeah, what could I do, work needed to be done. But I will never ever forget her and what kind of amazing girl she was." 

For a few moments, Jai stares in front of him, eyes still as glass, probably remembering something about that small brave dog. He looks so deep in thought that I'm not going to disturb him. Then he blinks and shakes his head, as if getting out of some sort of trans. He opens the door to get out, but remains seated and looks at me. 

"We are having a movie night tonight, mom's going to a colleague's birthday party and Skip and James are coming over. We have the whole house to ourselves. Wanna join too?"

I grin. House party at the Brooks' might get pretty wild. And it might be fun. I haven't had fun in a long time. "Count me in, cowboy!" 

Jai laughs, pecks my cheek and steps out. "See you at 7. Be prepared."

 -
Yo homies!

Geez, it took me another WEEK to get this afterword up... Never again will I leave you without one for so long, promise ;) This week I went to school only 2 days, I've been home ill since Wednesday and practically I could have had time to write this but I tried to concentrate on a more important thing like getting better :) which I don't know if I've improved in but oh well. 

Next week it's my school holiday! I will really make an effort trying to get myself together and actually sit down and write then. Can't guarantee much, but I can tell that there are some pretty awesome chapters coming along in May ;)

And guys, let me know down in the comments so we can fangirl together: who will be able to see the boys at the #NotABoyBand World Tour?! In that case you're one lucky mofo ;) I was so heartbroken when the voting ended that they won't be coming near me (Sweden is pretty close but still it's complicated to get there) but when their manager (or idk who it was) said that there are at least 2 more blocks of countries added, I literally wanted to jump and scream and do a cartwheel! I live in Estonia and getting them here is kinda unlikely (although the Janoskians' group account RT'ed us :3), but I'm kepping my fingers crossed for Helsinki, Finland so that I would get to meet one of my best friends as well :) 

But otherwise guys, have a lovely weekend and see you in a bit! I'm gonna go make some popcorn and then plop down to watch "Step Brothers", Jai's favorite movie... I've been warned that this is dirty to the extreme but I'm trying to be a loyal fangirl here lol ;) 

PS. On the sidebar there is a picture of Ariana's Mercedes Benz, looking all fancy ;) and this time I actually managed to find a photo with the license plate removed (Y) and I don't really have a song to put here this time, so instead I'll put the boys' latest video. If by some weird chance you haven't seen it yet, where you've been living? Literally North Pole?! :P

Comment, vote, fan, add!

You're beautiful <3

-Yo gurl Sasha xx