Chapter 8

Although, now that I'm living on another content, one person I really miss is my dad.

I know what you're all thinking at the moment: like 'woah girl, how many fathers do you have then?'

Well, let me explain. My dad - the one I'm currently living with - is not my dad. Not the actual one. He's my stepdad and my mom married him 10 years ago when I was 9 and Frankie 11 years old. 

Frankie's actually my half brother, too - my mom kinda had this "one night thing" and he was born. Already a year later he got married to my father, Edward. 

Things were going really well, Edward loved Frankie like he was his own son and then I was born. We had a perfect little family of four. 

But 7 years later another secret woman - one of his employees - came into his life and he just slowly drifted away from us. There was no drama or disaster or anything. My parents just silently agreed that because they didn't love each other as much as they used to, they would give in a divorce. 

Of course I was completely heartbroken at first and refused to talk to my dad - but some time rolled by and I forgave him. He was still my dad; nothing had changed the fact. The divorce meant he didn't love my mom anymore - he still cared for me and Frankie very much. 

That's why I was sad about moving here: just as we started to get along well, we had to leave because of Brad's - my new father's - job. But it's okay, we still Skype daily (since it's cheaper than calling) and somehow manage to keep up with each other's busy lives. 

Ed has been a lot more supportive in Frankie's case than Brad. Maybe it's because he had problems with forbidden stuff in his teenage years too - I don't know. 

But one thing I know for sure: my dad never, I repeat NEVER judged a book by its cover. He knew that there was more to every person than it first seemed; that everyone, no matter how bad they looked, had at least one good thing about them. 

When my mom, Joan, was ashamed of her hook-up with a stranger and needed comforting, he was there for her. When Frankie was struggling with narcotics, he was there for him. When I had the major heartbreak plus got kicked out, he was there for me. Even though we're thousands of miles apart, I can trust him more than anyone. 

I'm glad that he has found his love and mom has found hers. My father's now wife is called Abby. Yup, they got married 3 years after he divorced from my mom. She is a couple of years younger than dad, has green eyes, freckles and blonde corkscrew locks. She is actually way nicer than I first thought, I visited them in their NYC penthouse apartment last year.

Even though we haven't heard much about their love life, we think it's time for a baby shower soon...

And I couldn't ask for a better stepdad than Brad. He's not the same as my own father, of course, but the closest that can be. He cares for us very much and is well-mannered, handsome, wealthy and hard-working, just like a perfect husband should be. I've really learned to love him and even call him 'dad' now.

But enough of the emotional stuff. I had the first day of my new job today!!! Yippee!!!

Even though I didn't even get to see the boys - which was sad, I wanted to see them, especially Jai... - I got to meet their manager a.k.a. the one and only phenomenal Gina Brooks! She was so lovely, just like I expected her to be: short brown hair, blush cheeks, soft hands and the same deep brown eyes her sons have. 

Straight off, she greeted me with a hug and welcomed me to Melbourne and asked how I liked it so far. Gina's the kind of person who you can't really lie to, so I said how it was: that I missed America and wasn't really fascinated about moving but as soon as I'd made friends with the Janoskians, it felt like the sun had come out. 

She laughed lightly and without any further words pushed the contract in front of me. Before signing it, I read it through twice, carefully and paying attention. It said that I had no exact nine to five work time - I would have to stay in presence until everything that needed to be done WAS done. Also that my salary would be about 15$ per hour, which makes almost 450$ per month.

To be honest, I earned better in Nickelodeon, but I can't complain. I could get paid much worse. I mean, these guys do everything on their own and I understand, obviously they can't pay as much as some big company. And I know that working with them will mean more to me than working at Nickelodeon ever will. 

After I had signed the paper with my floppy handwriting, Gina hugged me once more and said she was in a hurry, but it was pleasant to meet me. She wrote something on a piece of paper, tore it off and handed to me. I looked at it. Their home number and address. 

"See you tomorrow morning at 9 darling," she says, grabs her handbag and is already out the door. I look at the chair she just sat on and blink a few times.

Wow. This family really is living full-on. 

-
Hey you lovelies!

Through the past week I've received SO many new votes and fans and comments... It almost looks like I'm living in a dream, I never thought this book would become so popular :0 And it's amazing how I started writing this, just a fan of theirs, when Jai & Ariana were only sending flirty tweets on and off and now look what has happened during the writing of this story, two most amazing people have been united by fate <3 Okay, it might sound deep but it's true :D 

But do you like these kind of chapters like this? More describing Ariana's thoughts and less dialogues and action? Let me know which type of chappies you like more, I'll write more these then cos I will do anything to make you happy :)

Anyways, I hope your week has been great so far and will be too! And let me know down in the comments, does it snow where you live? In Estonia everything is so BEAUtiful at the moment :)

PS. On the sidebar is Ariana's & Mac Miller's a.k.a. Larry Lovestein's duet, it's so good and matches with my wintery mood at the moment :3 

Comment, vote, fan, add! 

You're beautiful <3

Sasha Xo