Chapter 4

"WHAT?!" I shout, obviously taken aback by the offer.

They want ME to assist them?

"I know the salary wouldn't be much and the days would be kinda long and challenging, but don't take it as a job to do just to get money. Take it as hanging out with five of your best friends for 24/7," Beau says. 

They all smile at me warmly and suddenly I feel so wanted I haven't felt for weeks. 

Beau really seemed to mean what he said. We've officially met only an hour ago - and they're already hiring me. As much as I'd love to jump on top of them, hug them and say how thankful I am, I really need to consider the offer. 

Money is a serious topic in my life at the moment and my business choice should mostly depend on it. 

But then on the other side - would I ever love any other job as much as I'd love this one? And what's the point of doing a job if you don't enjoy it? It's not like I never get a few days off. And it's not gonna be the one and only job I'll be doing for the rest of my life. 

I grin, reach my hand out and Beau gently shakes it. 

"Deal," I say.

"Deal," he repeats.

All the other guys cheer and pull me into a big bear hug and I'm squeezed in the middle of them. Jai's cheek brushes mine for only a second, but it sends shivers down my spine.

I think I will love this place after all.  

"Guys, now, what time is it?" I ask.

"Umm, I don't know, something like half past nine..." Luke says.

"HALF PAST NINE?!" I shriek.

Yup, I'm almost 20 and I have a curfew. Sucks, I know.

"What, someone has to get home when mommy calls?" Jai grins.

"As long as I live with them, I do," I stick my tongue out at him.

He chuckles lightly. Gosh, it is so cute!

After about 15 minutes we arrive at my stop. When I'd have driven straight home I would've been there with 20 minutes maximum, but doing pranks we had to change trains multiple times, because filming with the same audience all the time would be boring. 

I hug them goodbye and the first one happens to be Jai of course. I give him a light squeeze and without neither of us expecting it, he bends a little and pecks my cheek. 

He smiles down at me and I smile back. Then I hug all of the other guys and they give me kisses too. I wave at them and step out of the train onto the pavement. 

It has started to rain slightly. I look up in the sky and let the drops fall onto my warm cheeks. I just stand there with my eyes closed until the rain has soaked my hair, my shoes, my cardigan and my skin is cold and damp, but I love the way it makes me feel. It makes me feel good, fresh and pleased with myself. 

Like my life has a meaning after all. 

I have a job now - a job that I will really and truly love. Today it's Saturday and I will start working on Monday, so hopefully I have one more day to hang out with the gang. 

But the thing that makes me shiver - and it's not just my damp curls and cold fingers - is the reason WHY I'm excited for tomorrow. 

I shouldn't feel this way, I shouldn't feel this way at all.

I'm their assistant now. Assistant almost equals as boss. Or doesn't. Well, whatever. They hired me to help and assist them. Someone in this position should not have favorites. 

But I know I do. 

And it happens to be Jai.

-

Hey girlzz! 

How do you think was this chapter? Good? Bad? Average? Let me know below! Personally I'm really excited, it looks like there are some Jai & Ariana moments about to come...? :) You gotta keep reading to find out! 

PS. I didn't have anything to put on the sidebar really so I just added the song I was listening to while editing this chapter. I think it somewhat suits with the mood of it and I just felt like listening to old songs :) 

Comment, vote, fan, add! 

You're beautiful <3

-Saza xox