Rock Lee one shot ~ Don't Say that

Gem

Before time skip

Black hair to her shoulders bangs that pretty much cover her eyes

Pale skin

Tends to wear baggy t shirt with khaki boy shorts.

13

I couldn't believe it. I skipped down the street my heart bursting with happiness.

"Hey Gem!" I turned to face my best friend Ino.

"So is it true?" She demanded the minute she caught up to me "did you and Lee-"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. Ino screamed in delight and hugged me. Now I know it's weird for perfect Ino to be friends with me the nerdy tomboy but its true weve been best friends for longer than I can remember.

"What's all this about?" Demanded Shikamaru. I beamed at my year older brother and Choji who were walking up.

"Lee kissed me!" I squealed. Shikamaru almost fell over his own feet when he heard.

"Say what?" He demanded.

"Yep he kissed me yesterday after training and said he liked me!" I almost danced around at this.

"Congrats!" He laughed smiling Shikamaru knew how long I've liked Lee.

"Wait but does this mean your not going to leave for training?" Demanded Ino.

"Shhh! No ones supposed to know!" I hushed her "besides I-I don't know yet its up to Lady Tsunade and dad and I don't know..."

"You want to stay because of Lee?" I smiled quietly Choji and shrugged.

"Hey isn't that him right over there?" I followed Inos gaze to the bridge. Lee was indeed standing on the bridge.

"Hey guys!" Tenten had joined us.

"Hey!" I said smiling at her.

"So I heard about you and Lee~" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Hush!" I laughed glancing over at him.

"Well why don't you say hi to him quick, Lady Tsunade wants you anyways." Said Tenten. I glanced over but before I could say anything Sakura ran up onto the bridge and stopped before lee smiling brightly at him.

"Hey Lee," he looked up at her and I felt uneasy immediately but it was nothing right he liked me now after all.

"Sakura to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked smiling.

"Well I've been thinking and I want to go on that date with you!" She beamed at him.

"Come again!" He exclaimed.

"Say what!" Hissed Ino. I was frozen in place unable to say a word as the others all glared at her.

"I've been thinking about how you asked me to be your girlfriend, and I wanted to say yes." My mouth hit the floor.

I was struck dumb but the next second would only be worse.

"For real?" Exclaimed Lee jumping up eyes burning a huge smile on his face "you really mean it?" She nodded blushing. Lee jumped into the air a triumphant smile on his face as be cheered.

That was it my internal world stopped functioning as my heart stopped. It started again painfully as tears sprang to my eyes and a feeling like that of a thousand kunai stabbed me in the heart.

"WHY YOU-" Shikamaru darted forward as did Ino and Choji.

"No!" I yelled "Shadow Possesion Jutsu!"