Chapter 32: Big Sister, Little Brother

Adrian's POV

(He's like an hour old did you really think I'd put anything here?)

Lilith's POV

I heard Mommy yelling downstairs, and then crying. Daddy came up and asked if I was okay. I said "Yeah". He looked really tired, Maybe he needed a nap?

Gran gave Daddy this look, and he must have understood it 'cause he nodded. And motioned for me to go down with him.

Mommy was laying on the couch, she looked really tired, even more tired than Daddy. She really needed a nap.

My eyes caught on to a small hand weakly trying to hold Mommy's finger.

Daddy picked me up and we walked to the little hand, it turned out to be a little.... Thing.

I pointed to it, and Daddy put me down beside it, Mommy smiled.

"This is your little brother Lillith, what do you think?"

What did I think about this little- brother? I didn't know, what could it do? The only thing it's done so far is cry, and babble.

"What?" I said pointing to "him" again. He moved slightly, Tiny little caramel eyes that right at the iris turned steel, met mine.

"Put your finger out Lillith!" Daddy said, his hands on my sides.

I did what he said and his finger wrapped around mine. I giggled, it was very warm.

"His name is Adrian. You'll see him a lot."

I nodded, silently vowing to protect those little fingers, to conserve that warmth.

"Hi, I Lilith!"

Aaron's POV

I held Aph's hand and just looked at my son, then to my daughter. I loved them both, their mother smiled at them both, and Adrian's gaze fell on his mother.

His eyes were a perfect mesh of mine and hers, and a perfect contrast of his sisters blue one's. He had little tuffs of warm black hair.

If possible, Aph's grin got even larger. And she held the little one's hand, his tiny finger wrapping around her's.

He then looked at me, and he made this...face. Like he was trying to mimic my expression. Failed miserably, then he just crossed his eyes.

Little Goofball

I felt Aph's hand squeeze mine and I did the same to her's. I tickled Adrian's belly as he gripped my finger. He had a stronger grip than I expected, he recovered pretty fast.

"Hi, I'm your Dad, I look cooler than I sound right?"

Maybe it was just me, or maybe I had gone crazy, but I could have sworn I felt that little hand grip harder than ever.

I heard sniffles from the corner of the room and saw Zoey crying into her arm. Aph's mother looking at me like she had just seen me in a new light. And her father, just looking baffled, a face that I had adorned just hours ago.

"Well, he's your grandson, come-"

I was interrupted by a hesitant knock on the door, confused, I kissed Aph's forehead and went to answer it. To find my father, waiting at the door for me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not trying to hold in my displeasure. He was holding a letter with a wax seal.

"I, wanted to, see your kid, er... My grandkid. And uh... Maybe, catch up....."

He trailed off, looking into the house, and his eyes bulged out of his head.

"Or kids...., Actually, this seems like a bad time...I'm just gonna leave this with you."

He looked down for a second until he whispered:

It's from your mother and I, I know what I've done and I know this won't make up for it but... Here.

He put the letter in my hand and walked off, but just before he was out of earshot I said:

"Their your grandkids you know , maybe, you can see them sometime....Dad."

He smiled the first genuine smile I'd seen in a long time and laughed.

"Thanks, but you really should get back to them, you're wife is gonna need all the help she can get."

As if on cue, Adrian started crying, and Lilith followed, I think just because Adrian was. And I closed the door to tend to my children. Stuffing the letter in my pocket.

I'd read it later, right then, I just wanted to enjoy the present.