Chapter 1: April Fools!

A/N Hey everyone, it's been a really long time since I've been online, life got in the way of things. I'm not going to promise anything, but I've been wanting to rewrite some of my old stories. So here's the first chapter.

Aphmau lay peacefully in her bed, sleeping away the troubles of adulthood like a newborn baby. Her raven hair spilling out onto the plain bedsheets and her caramel eyes shut tightly in the throes of unconsciousness.

The moment of peace was interrupted by the blaring of her alarm, snapping her awake in a slight panic before she sighed and hit the alarm with frustrated force.

The sun was high, warm, and feeding the slight humidity of early spring. Once again Aphmau had woken up after noon, the night wasted by her shift at the diner.

She yawned loudly, and tried carefully to avoid disturbing Celestia, her Pomskey, who was currently still fast asleep, legs twitching in the realm of dreams.

She picked out her outfit for that day, galaxy-print hoodie and black, ripped jeans, and began to get ready for the rest of the day, and whatever shenanigans her freinds would inevitably cause this evening.

Her roommates, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan had already been at work for several hours, and wouldn't be back until later that night. Leaving the house to her to enjoy in peaceful silence that almost didn't suit the house.

By the time Aphmau had come back, Celeste was waiting for her, barking happily at the girl and wagging her tail so fast it began to duplicate. Celestia had a leash in her mouth, and the next bark sounded like it ended with a question.

"I'm sorry Celestia, Aaron's not home right now, he's at work." The puppy whined and jumped up onto her humans knee to plead with her, but unfortunately the young woman stood strong.

"You pleading doesn't do anything, I can't will him to come back." The dog simply barked at her, turned around, and proceeded to pout with a pathetic whine.

She rolled her eyes and clicked the leash on Celestia's collar.

Despite the dissapointment Celestia was as happy as ever on thier normal walk through Emerald Vale, passing by each house in the suburban neighborhood, it was quickly getting filled in with her freinds. Brendan, Katelyn, Travis, Zane, Lucinda, Nicole, Kawaii~Chan, Aaron, and of course the trio of Laurance, Garroth and Dante.

It was when she was coming back from her walk when it happened. Zane was waiting for her, looking giddy with a mischievous smile dancing on his face, Aphmau knew then that he had done something.

"Hey, Aphmau." He greeted, his mask was doing nothing to hide the shit-eating grin on his face.

"What did you do?" She wasted no time, whatever he had done was probably going to backfire spectacularly like everything tended to for him.

"Oh, nothing." He lied, his sick smile twisting up further, Aphmau was surprised it didn't physically hurt him.

Then they were off in a dead sprint towards the side of the trio's house, hiding in a bush like creepy stalkers.

"Zane!" She whispered, her brow furrowed in slight irritation, but her small smirk ruined her angry expression.

"I haven't done anything yet. Watch." He whispered back, mischif dancing in his sapphire eyes, and his smirk reaching almost to where his tarmac colored hair started