Chapter 12

Koi sat in his hut later that night, sharpening his spears and knives. This action seemed pointless because he wouldn't be using these weapons to hunt until spring, which wasn't for 3 and a half months. But, with the anger that was boiling inside him, this was the only way he could release his anger without killing his cousin.

"Are ya okay, Koi?" Lucy asked, sitting right beside him. From the intensity in his eyes, the flaring of his nostrils, and the clenching of his jaw, she could tell he wasn't okay.

"Apenimon is nothing but a snake." He seethed through clenched teeth, running the sharpening stone across his arrow head.

As he was shapening his arrow, Lucy noticed the taut muscles in his arms, making them appear bigger and defined. Under other circumstances, she would have stared and suggestive thoughts would fill her head. However, now wasn't the time.

"Why ya say dat?"

"He is not one to be trusted. He fools people. He lies. He has taken the lives of white men and lied about it, saying they were trying to harm him. I am the only one who sees this. My father refuses to believe such things. Apenimon is a better son than I am in his eyes. I try to tell others about him, but they do not believe me! Nobody believes me! They think I am the liar, when it is actually that snake! And, now, he is trying to take you! He is trying to take you from me, while my father watches! He will not take you from me! He will fight me to the death, and even with my dying breath, he will still not take you from me!"

By this point, Koi had thrown down the tools in his hands, stood up, and was now pacing back and forth in his hut.

"I will kill that serpent and allow his blood to run onto my hands, proudly! I no longer care that he is my blood! That blood will be shed!" He fumed.

Lucy stood up and walked over to Koi. In the midst of his pacing, she wrapped her arms around his torso, hugging her head to his chest. She was silent, but her actions spoke for her. Koi paused and looked down at the smaller girl. His chest heaved up and down, his nostrils flared, and his muscles tensed up momentarily. Once it registered in his mind that Lucy was holding him, his entire being relaxed and his breathing returned to normal. He wrapped his arms around her in return, bringing her closer to him.

"Ain't no one takin' me, Koi." She spoke softly. She could hear his heart slow down in pace in his chest.

Koi stroked Lucy's head, running his hand down her braids. He bent his head down, placing a small kiss on her head. She looked up at him, causing their eyes to meet. Their eyes locked and they began leaning towards each other. Soon, their lips meshed together. As they kissed, their grip on each other became tighter. Koi lifted Lucy from the ground and laid her across his pallet of hides. He laid on top of her, never allowing their lips to separate.

His hand made their way up her right leg and brushed over the scar he caused months back. He pulled his head up and pulled the hide dress over her head. He eased his pants from his legs and they were both able to enjoy the sensation that was created by the contact and friction between their bare skin. Koi looked down at Lucy through lustful and loving eyes. He admired the way her black skin looked as it was pressed against his red skin. He moved his ponytail over his shoulder and positioned himself in between her legs.

~~~

Lucy laid in Koi's arms, asleep, with her head in the crook of his neck. The sweat from their bodies mingled together as they both remained naked. At some point, Koi's hair unraveled from its former ponytail style and now clung to his back, wet from sweat. Their breathing had returned to normal after the 2 hours of love and passion. Neither one of them were expecting the flood of emotions they experienced, but welcomed it nonetheless.

Koi looked down at his inamorata, thoughts of his deceptive cousin absent from his mind. The only thoughts that filled his mind were those of him and Lucy together. Another thought that came to mind was one of his mother. He smiled, knowing she would talk to him about this in the morning. Although this was his first time becoming one with someone, she had a way of knowing what he did and when he did it.

He would worry about that when that time came, though. For now, he would concern himself with the girl in his arms and the swelling of his heart.