.01 Addicted

Rhia

I always wonder why I bought a transparent umbrella. Is it the way I look at the sky when it rains or am I just a transparent person?

Well, I guess that it's the first one.

I'm very far from being transparent; people like me are never transparent. I'm good at hiding my emotions, is it a blessing or a curse?

Cold wind hits me and I notice how messy my boots were, filled with mud.

"It is always raining when I visit you, mom."

I drop the white rose as I met by silence. My eyes rest on your beautifully carved name:

Rachel LeCiel.

Mom, did you know how I hate dates? I hate memorizing dates during my History Class, I hate making planners, I hate how Dad tells me to take note of some random dates and most of all, I hate looking at the date below your name.

But I remember the day I last saw you.

You're smiling when I step into the room and right then I notice how beautiful you were in spite of being held by white sheets. My heart is very cold back then but you just melted it by giving me a hug.

I acted like a numb and heartless person but you were the only one who won't fall for it. I'm aware of your situation and you are too, that's why I promised you two things before you leave...

To stop being a heartless player and to be a successful designer.

You kissed my cheeks and look at me with all kindness. I tried to memorize every detail of you but you unexpectedly started to doze off.

I wish you didn't.

Straight lines filled my vision and the next thing I knew, you're gone.

Lowering my head, I gave my sweetest smile, it's what you loved about me. It's different from the smile I gave to everyone.

"Mom, I need to go. I miss you." I whispered and walked away.

--

The sky is still crying and the drive home is kinda sloppy. I've been staying with my uncle this past few weeks and missing school. My phone is screaming with hundreds of messages and my social media accounts, now probably having a ton of notifications.

*Ring Ring Ring*

Grabbing my phone, I suddenly feel nostalgic seeing Lucas' name on the screen. Avoiding everybody's call for a whole month and not uttering a single word to my friends, left them curious about my sudden disappearance. Since I'm flying in California tomorrow, I should say goodbye to my best friend.

"Hey, little Lu-"

"Rhiaaaa!!!!" Geez, his voice is like a freakin' speaker.

"Squirt, no need to shout your lungs out."

"You don't know what you're into Miss!! The entire school is in chaos!! Lexi, Amanda, Mike, Josh, Troy and a bunch of your exes are bugging me out!!"

"Let them be, I'll be out of reach in a couple of hours anyway." I said nonchalantly while checking my watch.

"W-Wait! WHAT?! what are you saying?!! We need to talk Rhia Katrina LeCiel! Now!"

"Lucas.. I'm sorry, but I can't." I hang up.

Don't include your friends in the hole you dug.

I open my phone, snatch the battery and card out then throw it in the bin. Lucas will get sick minding my own problems, he didn't deserve having a friend like me who's just fooling around with anyone I find pretty.