.11 - Pavement Artist

I used to love playing hide and seek when I was five. The thrill, excitement, panic and sheer drama of being seen makes this game quite fun. There are no complications, once you are spotted, the game's over and you'll eventually feel stupid for hiding at the most vulnerable place.

Back then, it was quite enjoying, especially when you know where the perfect dark dusty wardrobes, narrow alleys, big smelly dumpsters, scary attic and other typical hideouts were. But I can't say the same for now because it turns out to be stressful and nerve-wracking game for adults.

Though I'm good at avoiding people, I don't know if I could pull my invisibility stunts in front of the blonde heiress.. whenever she's around, I always lose control; and that's a depressing fact.

She will conquer the whole world someday, putting pink glittered collar around our necks while laughing wickedly at our miserable state.. wait, the situation sounds familiar except that I am the only slave.

Besides, my mom said... I should serve others with heart, kindness and understanding but I never thought it would be like this and did I already mentioned for five freaking days.

No, this isn't fun at all.

Maybe I should call one of her die-hard fans to fill this position since they're ready to throw themselves at her. Aghh. Here we go again, I should really start to face the consequences of my actions and not walk away from it, but that's the problem.. I can't face Eryn after what happened without getting flustered or having inappropriate thoughts in my goddarn head.

That very night, I plead and prayed God to help me get through the coming bloody five days without losing any part of my body. I am utterly anxious when the next day came, I feel a  strange presence near me.

NO, anyone but Barbie. Please, anyone but Barbie. I can't deal with her in this early morning, my gun isn't loaded yet. Slowly opening my heavy lidded eyes.. I saw a blurry image of ...

my father.

He is in a well tailored dark navy suit over his new white long sleeves, wearing the charming smile he always have. For a second I thought I was dreaming, yet every hard blink makes the image clearer, familiar scent of cologne assaulted my nostrils and the foreign feeling at the pit of my stomach proves that he is indeed here.

"Rhia-"

"Dad!!"

I hauled myself to him in a tight hug. He laughs and tells me how he cannot last a day without seeing me, that he's terribly sorry for putting me in this messy situation and how he will make it up to me. My Dad didn't know me too well, I'm not mad at him nor will I ever be angry for leaving or selling me in either case because God knows how I love him.

"Does my lovely daughter want to go to a date with me?" He shouldn't bother asking, nonetheless my smile gave it away.

Mr. Stefan seems absolutely pleased about my father's plan and let me spend the whole day with him however, the dark aura radiating from Eryn shows otherwise. She immediately gained my Dad's acceptance in less than a minute by saying suck-up words then seconds later they started laughing, I suddenly wondered if she's my father's true child. Geez, Barbie's undoubtedly manipulative.

Before I left the Stefan's household, I caught Eryn's eye dangerously staring which I can nearly translate as 'You're dead' , after that I never dared to look back.

They say time really flies when you're having fun and I totally agree.. if I could live with my father every day, I WILL but we must make sacrifices and in just two years, I'll be pulling myself out of this hole and attend college at France. My dad insists on visiting me every week even if we're basically worlds apart yet I can't forgive myself seeing him tired because of lack of sleep in order to see me.

He's having an extremely difficult job building again an already bankrupt business, flying across different countries every week to see me will be a huge burden and I can't afford that. After a heavy discussion of travelling, my father gave in and we came to an agreement of him visiting every 2 weeks while I'll spend all holidays with him. He can't argue with me because he spoiled me enough to know that I win every discussion, of course, as long as I have justifiable and right reasons.

The day instantly turns to night, my smile slowly dissipates while I'm watching my dad leave but it's always for the better, I need to be patient and work hard like him. I returned at the Stefan's estate late, James offered me something to eat, yet I'm too tired and emotionally exhausted to even throw myself in the bed.

At least I survived DAY 1.

Wow, sounds like I'm on a zombie movie. The second day of torture isn't a least bit different, thanking God that my prayer is heard, I've never been this grateful that Nickole came at the right time as my pig in a shining armor. For the first time, I appreciate his usefulness. He appeared exactly when I wanted him to be, having a reason to skip breakfast with Mr. Stefan, the kind old man let me enjoy again the day with my cousin without having any clue about the little game his daughter and I are awfully playing.

So I could finally say that I also SURVIVED DAY 2 with ease, uhmm- okay, I admit..not exactly, considering I'm being hounded by a certain supermodel's texts threats. If I get killed today, there's no doubt my phone will desperately scream bloody murder while pointing at Eryn as the maniacal suspect.

Adrian's suspicious gaze  doesn't help either, he keeps squeezing me out for details and formulating ridiculous theories on why I magically appear in their awesome abode. I gave him a nonchalant shrug and said I just feel like hanging out with them, the smartest egg in the basket shakes his head and mumbles

"you never act randomly cous, something's up--".

Lightly smacking his head, I said

"Freak, stop reading into things. You don't wanna play Call of Duty with your hot cousin?"

Hearing me say COD quickly changes his mood which immediately results to dragging my limp body to the family game room.

Ughh, Guys.

Predictable.

After long hours of games and pizza, I bid goodbye to the three frowning childish boys. Nick hugs my leg, asking for another round, not my fault they suck at Tekken and Sam. I don't know why she's always at Kevin's house, I guess it's okay since those three are harmless and it's much safer here.

Earlier, I texted Mr. Stefan that I'll be home late accompanied with a sorry, due to my persistent cousins repetitive demand for a rematch. It doesn't take long before he replies

'It is okay. Do not worry Rhia, have fun and be safe. :) '

Hmmm.. a smiley, that's new? I'm so proud of myself for surviving TWO WHOLE DAYS without seeing the gorgeous blonde.

But that's the problem, I shouldn't jump into assumptions too quickly because the moment I step out of Kevin's house..

an expensive maroon car stopped right in front of me and in slow motion,

a flawless goddess gracefully steps out..

extends a captivating smile to my four gaping comrades before locking her eyes at me,

taps her over-priced vehicle and says in an innocent sweet tone

"Get in, BABE"