Chapter 20: A Promise to be Fulfilled

It was now the next morning in the quiet life of Solemn Town. The sun began to rise over the horizon in the distance with the common populace beginning to awaken from their slumber. Tema, Yumi, Aurora and Eve were still asleep in their hotel room.

Viola however was awake and looking out onto the land "Tema...how much longer until you know the full truth? You'll have plenty of questions today...but there's one that you won't ask" Viola looked troubled "the one vital unanswered question, that is still allowing you to remain as you are"

Viola then looked to Tema "and should you find the answer...then..."  Viola's hand trembled but then eased "no...there's no need to worry. We will do our best to protect you, and we will stick with you no matter what happens. Plus I believe you will move past it. You have great strength, which has allowed us to grow so much" Viola then smiled "Yumi is as happy as can. Aurora is just as happy and nearly fully healed of her bio-regression"

Viola then put her hand on her heart "you even allowed Eve...and Me, who are deemed the peak of perfection, to still find room to grow. I...now feels there's so much more I can do. And the bond between Eve and  you Tema, is unlike any I've ever seen. I'm beginning to suspect...a strong force at work. That only once has ever been seen before. And I will look forward to the reaction when you learn of that force" she then chuckled

Viola then looked to the world "but...most importantly...you given Aurora, Yumi" Viola put her hand on her heart "and even me, something which we had never dreamed...a family. For us sentinels...that motion wasn't even suggested. And yet here we are. Well Mister Cirrus, I bet you didn't see that"

"What didn't mister Cirrus see?" Viola turned round to see Aurora awakening

"Oh Aurora...good morning" Aurora was rubbing her eyes "and to answer your question...all will be made apparent. I plan on explaining everything in due time" everyone was starting to awaken "as the trip back to Aqua city...will be a long one"

Much later in the morning, the group were waiting in-front of the bus stop. Rafiel and Kairi were waiting too, although for a separate bus "so...we'll be getting different buses?" asked Yumi

"Apparently yes" said Kairi "weirdly to disembark to different countries from solemn town, you have to board different buses. Then we board a craft from there"

"So where are you two going then?" asked Yumi

"The mistress wishes to tour the country of Ventus City" said Rafiel "then from there we'll go to Aqua. So we could meet you there" just then a bus, this one was black, had arrived at the stop.

 On the side was Bus to Ventus City Port. The doors slid open with Kairi speaking "well this is our bus. We'll see you later"

"Alright Kairi" said Tema holding out his hand "I'll see you at Aqua city...or at Nova Aerris. So until then" Kairi nodded and shook his hand

"okay until then" the two then chuckled while Rafiel spoke to Tema

"Be well Eve. And look after yourself" said Rafiel "with the boss being as bold as he is, just be on your guard"

"Don't worry about me Rafiel" said Eve confidently "I'll be fine" Rafiel smiled and patted Eve on the head

"Then I can feel at ease" Rafiel then turned to Viola "let us confer notes of our progress...and adventures"

"Of course" said Viola "now go before the bus leaves without you" with a nod the two boarded the bus. The doors slid shut and the group waved as it disappeared into the distance.