Chapter 3: To Reclaim The Lost Light

Scars. Scars are what you call wounds that never truly heal. They are caused as the result of an accident or injury. Although the wound may close what is left behind is a small mark. However these are only physical scars. There is one kind of scar, that can heal but is the most painful by far. It remains for a long time and can bring constant pain and suffering. The scars...over one's hearts.

These kind of Scars are much more painful, caused by an injury of a different kind. They too leave a mark etched firmly within a person. These marks though bring only depression, fear and pain. But what makes them possibly worse...is when you're the one who made them.

For Tema this is all too true. Tema has lived in solitude for a long time. He has remained in lowly cold darkness with fear and loneliness slowly growing with every day. All he wanted was the warmth of another's company, someone just to talk too. But as the months rolled by, his hopes and will crumbled until he had given up. Neither did he reach out or try to heal his sadness, just living a constant life of solitude and regret. When finally he did have a source of light and warmth, his very own fear and insecurities pushed it away.

Having now tasted the warmth of another, the world which he has gone back to feels so much colder and worse.  So much so...since he was one responsible for his now more depressing  almost unbearable condition. All Tema does is sit at home, neither moving or barely living "Cold...everything...is cold"  Tema no longer had any reason to just get on with the day "I can't...stay here" he walked out the front door and closed it gently. Tema stepped back and looked at the house. He gave it a big look-over as he knew that...he wouldn't see it again.

It was afternoon with school continuing as normal. Everyone was in class talking amongst themselves or to their sentinels. However they all noticed one was missing. Tema was just sat at his place , neither moving or speaking noticeably absent of his sentinel Aurora.

Lea then spoke seeing his sorry state "doesn't Tema seem...off today?"

"what do you mean?" asked Seje "he might just be tired"

"No...it feels like...he's...broken" Seje just looked confused "it's...hard to describe"Henry too noticed his rather quiet demeanour

"What's up with you Cirrus boy?" Henry walked went to the side of him "you're a lot quieter than usual" Tema didn't even move "hello? Anyone home?" Henry snapped his fingers and waved his hand in Tema's face "hello?" Henry went round Tema's front "Tema..." Henry bent down to look at Tema but felt a strange tinge of pity.

Tema's eyes were blank and void of any life. Henry stepped up "what the heck happened to you? Did your sentinel dump you? Or...was it the other way round?" Tema didn't respond "suit yourself. You used to be at least fun to poke at, now you're as dull as dishwater" Jo from her seat knew what had happened

"He's regretting abandoning his sentinel. I don't have any sympathy for what he did"

"I know I shouldn't" said Blaze "but I strangely feel...sad when I look at him"

"What are you saying you actually worry about him?" said Jo in an annoyed mood

"No of course not but...when I look at him...I just feel...sad" the teacher then came in

"hello everyone to your seats please" Tema just continued sitting still in silence.

The lesson ended soon later that afternoon. As everyone left Tema remained in his seat.  Lea was questioning Jo "do you know what's up with him?" gesturing to Tema "something feels...very wrong"