Chapter 17: Past Shadows

It was drawing close to the tournament with everyone now heading out. Aurora was in bed, red in the face, looking tired "You two, be careful out there please"

"We will" said Tema "Viola are you sure you're alright watching her?"

"fear not" said Viola "Aurora will be fine after the next round. Then we'll join you in the quarter-finals. Just be wary of that Zack character. As we've seen he's not willing to be play nice"

"Don't worry" said Yumi punching her hand "I'll make that Zack pay. And I'll beat Tsume in the next round. You leave the sentinel to me"

"And you leave Tema to me" said Eve proudly hitting her chest "I'll go to make sure Zack doesn't try a cheap shot at him" Viola noted her stronger tone as did Aurora

"Okay...I'll watch you from here. Good luck Yumi" with confident nods they all left.

Aurora noted Eve's stronger tone "Eve looks...so much...perkier. And stronger...than just recently. What happened on the roof...Viola?"

"Eve is just happy that's all Aurora" said Viola "she's just realised the strength of her bond to Tema. As have I"

"I know, they get along really well" said Aurora "do you think that Eve will bond with Tema?"

"Tema might as well be Eve's Master" said Viola "their bond is strong enough anyway" Aurora looked a bit puzzled "What we could be looking it...is a new but strong kind of tie between human and sentinel"

Meanwhile outside of the hotel, at the front, Lea and Seje were waiting with worried faces. Lea was the first to speak "So how is she?"

"she'll be fine within the hour"said Tema reassuring them "she's unable to make it for the this round"

"but she'll be fine for the quarter-final" said Yumi pumping her fist "All I've got to do beat Tsume"

"It's a shame we're not fighting that Zack guy" said Seje "I'd like to beat the snot out of him"

"you and the rest of us" said Tema making then laugh a bit

"well, we'd best be off" said Eve "We've got to get to the place of the fights. I believe...we need to wait at one of those bus stops poles"

After only a very few moments of waiting, a tall red bus rolled towards them. All five climbed on board the bus as it drove on its way. Tema was sat next to Yumi this time as he watched the world go by "When this tournament is said and done" said Yumi "we'll have to go and look around the town"

"Yeah we will" said Tema looking outside "you know, for some reason. When I look at this world...I can't help but feel...a little depressed"

"Huh...why is that?" asked Yumi

"I...don't know. I'm probably just overthinking things. Are you going to be alright? In the fight?"

"Well yeah why shouldn't I be?" Tema heard false bravado in her voice

"Yumi...I'm there to support you. Okay" he said holding her hand making her smile

"Yeah I know"

After a mere moment the bus stopped to which everyone disembarked in-front of a colossal sized building, with roars of a crowd coming from the inside. The group went gingerly through the main entrance, into the dark corridor, to emerge into the light and a flurry of sound. They were in a circular stadium where many, many people where cheering and waving in the stands and a large circular ring was in the centre.