Chapter 32: The Call of Another

A lone luxury craft, was travelling due to Nova Aerris. It arrived at the city, with Tema, Eve, Aurora, Kairi...and the lifeless Yumi. As it touched down at the landing point, with Yumi being carried by Aurora, all four stepped out onto the land. As soon as they landed...a chill wind blew throughout the time as the four of look upon the land "It's almost...like a graveyard" said Tema "just...bodies everywhere"

The floors was covered with the soulless bodies of the Nova Aerris residents. The skin had turned grey, and no signs of life laid present upon any of their bodies. Kairi looked quite upset  "are we...all that's left?"

"I don't know Kairi" said Tema looking a bit hopeless himself "I don't know"

"We'd better check Lower Aerris" said Eve "me and Aurora were able to resist, maybe some others did"

"Alright but we'd better move" said Tema "I can't help feel Damos is about to do, something stupid" Tema then breathed in and transformed to his sentinel form, his purple hair flowing in the breeze "Kairi, you'd better get on my back" Kairi piggy-backed on Tema

"Alright...I'll lead" said Aurora carrying Yumi and with that they sped into the soulless town.

They shortly arrived later at the silent hotel. An after going into the room they had been given Eve tapped on the wall. The sounds of humming came from the other side and within a couple of minutes the wall opened and the freight lift arrived. They all stepped in and the lift began going down.  After a few minutes the town of Lower Aerris came into view...as well as the grim reality of what awaited them.

Lower Aerris was as silent as the night, with the limp bodies of all the citizens. They all looked to be in a deep sleep, like the rest of the town. As Kairi stepped out...she couldn't help but feel uneasy "it's...almost scary"

"It is unsettling..." said Tema looking at it "but there must be someone aware down here. Aurora, let's go find a place...to put Yumi down. Eve and Kairi...wait here"

"Tema...be careful" said Eve

"trust me...if we run into trouble...you'll hear it" said Aurora, and although she meant it as a joke...her tone of voice...matched the environment around them.

Tema and Aurora went towards the clinic were the scene was just the same. And to add to Tema's disappointment "everyone...you too" All of his friends were also slump and still along the ground. Jo and Blaze, Lea (in her wheelchair) with Noa and Seje were all still upon the ground. Even Nick was there with Blizz "and...even Viola...and Rafiel too" Viola and Rafiel  were also present.

Tema looked all round "I'd thought...one person would have made it...just one" Aurora shared Tema's worry

"Tema...I'm going to put Yumi down on the bed" said Aurora walking into the tent with Yumi

"I'd thought that maybe Viola or Rafiel at the very least would've made it" just then

"Tema...Tema come on here quickly"

Tema went into the tent to see Aurora next to a slump...but aware "Atlas!" he looked really weak

"Tem...Tema" said Atlas "I...I don't have...long"

"Atlas...you need to hold on" said Tema

"It's...no good. I can feel my core...leaving my body...as we speak. I've tried to...resist...but my strength...is almost gone" Atlas then reached out taking a firm hold on Tema's shoulder "Tema...listen...to me...there's something...you need to know"