Chapter 10: Strength of Heart

Times had taken...a rather horrible turn. Yumi who everyone believed was Zack's sentinel...was all a horrible lie. It was a silver-haired sentinel called Tsume who actually belonged to Zack. Yumi was mentally ruined by this turn of events but Zack in all his cruelty...performed the sentinel severing process. A process which shatters the bond between master and sentinel.

Considered the greatest disgrace of sentinel kind, many sentinel just collapse. Their spirits are literally broken leaving them still and empty. The situation was actually made worse...since Yumi wasn't Zack's sentinel...but she still believed Zack was her master. Tema picks up the broken sentinel and carries her home...with a curious Eve in the distance.

Tema silently carried Yumi along the dirt road back to the inn.  Aurora walked alongside him with all his friends following behind him. Kairi looked on in worry "do you think...Tema really is going to be okay?"

"I...don't know" said Lea who was being pushed along by Seje "I've never seen anyone that anger before"

"that guy got off easy" said Blaze angrily "I would've done a lot worse then him"

"so...how did you know...about Yumi?" asked Seje "could you tell us?"

Jo took a few moments before starting "Tema might have mentioned he had being attacked at the banquet party. By a man called Rafiel? Well...there was a reason that Alana had invited Yumi and Tema to the back garden"

"Alana apparently had found something strange" continued Blaze "weirdly Yumi was already here at Terra. But upon closer inspection...the name read out as Yumi-Tsume"

"Yumi-Tsume?" said Kairi a bit confused "but Sentinels don't have a last name or double barrelled names"

"exactly" said Jo "and this led mistress Alana to a the worry that Yumi was not only Zack's sentinel. But...something else"

Blaze saw Jo struggling. Jo had bitten her lip and showed great reluctance to continue so he spoke for her "Alana had found out Yumi was a sentinel...from Nova Aerris" this brought mild shock

"Nova Aerris!?" said Seje surprising "you mean the exclusive V.I.P country? How did a sentinel from...Nova Aerris wind-up with a jerk like him?"

"Yumi was deported" said Violeona behind them "Yumi was a heavily regressed sentinel. So for a city of perfection...a frail and weak looking sentinel...had no place there. So Yumi was sent away"

"that's...horrible" said Kairi "so where did Yumi go?

"Ventus City" said Violeona looking at Tema "In one way or another Zack found her. And opted to use her...to keep Tsume fresh and in the shadows"

Lea looked annoyed and remembered something "so that's what Zack meant. Back at Ventus city. When he said he could win without Yumi"

"yeah" said Seje "to him it didn't matter whether Yumi won or lost"

"Violeona can I ask you something?" said Kairi "Yumi said that Zack...performed the sentinel bonding process. But isn't that definite...when you do it"

"well...he only pretended too" said Violeona "a sentinel-master bond can only be performed when both accept the other"

"And Zack no way near accepted Yumi" said Blaze "but the question is...what happens now?"

Everyone looked on to Tema as he silently carried her along. Kairi however came to an answer "we believe in Tema. Tema has always looked after Yumi. He knew, full well, Yumi wasn't his sentinel. I mean when Yumi was abandoned in the rain he was the one who gave her shelter. I know he can do it"