Chapter 28: The Fated Awakening

Events had taken one turn from another, and like a roller-coaster it went through highs and lows. Each being described with one emotion. Wonder as they gazed onto Nova Aerris. Utter disappointment seeing the true side of Nova Aerris. Curiosity from a person to meet them followed by shock as it was the blonde man.

The feeling was followed by submission. The blonde man unveiled a device, the double OB, giving him a sort of control over everyone. With a command everyone was forced to their knees...with only Tema remained stood. Submission was followed by greater shock as the blonde man began beating up Tema with surprising strength and speed.

And then despair as he "killed" Tema throwing him off to the world below with Eve chasing after him. Anger then filled in the hearts of Viola, Aurora and Yumi allowing them to stand and fight. Yumi was even able to ascend to the rank of a divine sentinel. The three fought against the blonde man and his two subordinates Z and Drake.

As the fight carried on one last emotion greeted them, or rather two. Relief...and happiness. Eve had arrived back on the scene, with Tema weak...but alive. Eve had also broke the device that had everyone pinned to the ground. With reinforced hopes Aurora, Viola and Now Eve, taking Yumi's place, stand ready to fight.

The blonde man knows he doesn't have long, everyone else affected by his Double OB device is now starting to recover. And within an hour he'll be overwhelmed. So he aimed to stop them...before the hour is up.

Eve and Viola stood ready, against the blonde man who had a perturbed look on his face "how...how did go this go so obscure?" he looked at Tema who tiredly laid in Yumi's arms  "and how the heck did he manage to stay alive?" he then pointed at Eve "Why couldn't you have just remained blind? It would've been so much easier"

"Yeah...for you" retorted Eve "All you told me was...we were the supreme beings and humans treated us like dirt"

"And that isn't fully true" said Viola "if anything that statement applies more to you. Thinking your this saviour, yet almost murdering innocent people!"

"None of you can truly understand what I have planned" said the blonde man same as before.

"that's...becoming...old" said Tema weakly in Yumi's arms.

The blonde man glared at Tema "I don't want to hear from anyone who's meant to be dead"

"what a shame that we have to listen to you then" said Eve smartly "because when we're through with you...you aren't going to be doing much living"

"just...what are you?" asked Viola "you aren't a sentinel...and no human can move like you do. Yet it's strange...but there's an air of familiarity when I look at you"

"I like to repeat your comment when I look at him" he said pointing at Tema "he isn't a sentinel as you say, but he can't be human. No-one could've survived what he went through...and neither did he respond to my device"

The blonde man began flexing his hands "that device targets the nervous system of the people I instruct. And he didn't respond at all. And as you say, when I look at him...I can't help but feel I've seen him before"

"Well...regardless" said Eve preparing her fire sword "we aren't letting you go on with this any longer"

"I hope you're ready" said Viola and with she was the first to move forward.

Viola began slashing with sword and like before the blonde man was blocking her blade with the top of his wrist. The blonde man then jumped in the air "oh no you don't" Eve was jumping towards him with a flame sword in hand. Eve began attacking the blonde man but unlike with Viola, he could barely block her attacks.