How Did I Get Here?

1985

Stevie stared at herself in her bathroom mirror; she wondered how she got here to this moment of her life.

Bruises covered her whole body which she manages to cover with long sleeves and her shawls.
The ones that are hard to hide are the ones that cover her face. Make up and sunglasses helped a bit but sometimes it wasn't enough.
It seemed as soon as one bruise would heal, another would appear.

She looked down at her left hand as tears rolled down her cheeks.
The gold wedding band felt more like a heavy anchor weighing her down.

It was back in 83 when Stevie met Joe Walsh. She fell madly in love with him.
At first he was sweet to her but then after some time, he began to not be so sweet.

The first time he hit her, he immediately said he was sorry and that he would never do it again. She forgave him but of course, he hit her again and again and again.

Before she was in a relationship with Joe, she was this strong and independent woman; she was the life of the party but that all changed when Joe began to hit her then he filled Stevie's head with how worthless she was and how no one would ever love her.

Soon she started to believe it, Joe managed to beat her down physically and mentally that she wouldn't even talk unless spoken to, she wouldn't look anyone in the eyes especially other men because she was afraid Joe would think she was flirting or interested in another men.

She began to pull away from her family and her friends. Everyone was worried of course but Stevie would always make excuses for Joe and saying that she was okay.
Stevie also pulled away from her solo career and Fleetwood Mac.
The only person that Stevie was able to stay in touch with was Christine.
Christine tried to get through to Stevie but to no avail.

Lindsey also tried his best to get through to her because even though they were no longer together, he still cared immensely for her and deep down he still loved her.
It was no use, Stevie kept saying she was in love with Joe but the thing was that she was afraid to leave Joe. He had threatened her life if she were to leave him.

Joe proposed to Stevie although it was more of him telling her they were getting married.
They got married at the court house, Joe wanted it to be done quick, he wanted her all to himself and this was one way to keep her by his side forever.

It's now been a year and half since they been married.
Stevie spends her days and nights at home alone while Joe goes out on tour or out with his friends.

The only thing that gets Stevie through it all is cocaine. It's the only thing to do that numbs the pain.

After coming out of her reverie, Stevie looked down at the pregnancy test in her right hand.
Two pink lines visible.

Stevie slumped down to the floor; more tears rolled down her cheeks
No! This can't be! I can't bring a baby into this situation. I can't! I can't! What would Joe do when I tell him?
Stevie curled into a ball and continued to sob.

What do you all think of this first chapter?
Should I continue?