Chapter 4

Grayson’s POV

That little shitbag.

Who does he think he is, storming into the house like that? Being so flamboyant? Thinking he’s the king of the house?

I don’t understand why he’s so nice. Why everyone likes him. How he’s really no different from me. It’s been two weeks since he arrived.

We’re both hurt inside. Scarred. Pained.

Only thing is, I choose to show it, and he chooses to hide behind his smile.

I sit down on my bed, that rickety old blue bed that Aunt Cecilia got for me when I was five. It’s no bigger than Blaire’s, but it’s a lot softer and more comfortable.

I want to hate Blaire. I hate him I hate him I hate him.

I hate him for being so happy.

But I can’t hate him.

He’s the kind of person that cheers everyone up when they’re having a bad day. The kind of person that everyone imediately goes to if they need a friend.

I can’t hate him if I’m in love with him, can I?

I’ve never had the desire to kiss anyone, to hug them, or to even love them. But this little twat has me asking for more. I don’t WANT to kiss anyone except for that little, flamboyant boy.

Ergh.

I pulled out a bottle of hair dye and went into the bathroom to redye the streak in my bangs, not caring what color I picked.

I wouldn’t know, because I’m colorblind.

The only color I can see is silver. And that’s what I saw when I looked into Blaire’s eyes for the first time.

Silver silver silver.

That beautiful sense of meaning.

Ugh.

I screamed and sent the bottle of hair dye across the mirror, making it splatter across the tiles.

“Grayson! Grayson, are you okay?!” Aunt Cecilia knocked on the door, followed by a bunch of other people. “GRAYSON!” “GRAYSON!?”

“GO AWAY!”

I have no friends. And I do not have a desire to have any, either.

Slowly, they left, but not before Brookie knocked again. “Graysonnnn?”

“Piss off!”

I hate everyone. Everything.

People might say it’s yor typical teenager-itis. But it’s not. At least, not for me.

I really do despise human beings and how they judge. Not that I’d let anyone know that. Because no one would care, right?

I head back to my room after cleaning up the bathroom and lay on my bed, taking out my best friend, a square package named Marlboro.

It’s pretty much the only thing I can rely on. I only smoke when I’m nervous or ready to rip someone’s lungs out. Recently, I’ve been having the need to smoke more.

I wonder why.

There’s this silver lake out in the redwood forest behind the house. It’s a grassy place, and it’s pretty much deemed abandoned.

I’m heading there now, and I usually go there to sleep.

That’s right. I sleep out in the cold, out in Connecticut.

Aren’t I cool.

But ever since Blaire’s moved in, he’s been messing with my head. He’s so nice. And bubbly.

And also damn annoying.

Blaire’s POV

“Justyyy!”

“Don’t call me that,” Justin grumbled. He pushed aside a waffle as I crawled into his lap, stretching out my legs in those nice, purple skinny jeans I found in Talia’s closet.

“Hiiii Justy.” I purred and kissed his cheek. He immediately flamed red as Sarah glared. Talia walked in and smirked at Justin, who’s middle finger suddenly had a boner.

“Shut up.” Justin growled. But he didn’t push me off. Instead, he wrapped his arms aorund me and ate his waffles, as if nothing weird was happening.

I’ve been doing this for the past two weeks. And lemme tell you, Justy’s my new brother!

“Give me some,” I pouted, watching as his fork slid past my face and into his mouth. “Please?” I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

Justin looked at me with his deep brown eyes and sighed, spearing a piece and lifting it to his mouth. “I swear, sometimes I’m older than you.”

“I’m seventeen,” I said stubbornly, then took a drink of Justin’s orange juice.

“Man, get your own food!” Justin sighed, but didn’t protest. He stopped protesting when I threatened to kiss him on the mouth.

“That’s gross,” Sarah frowned, looking at us. Plain Jane says whaaat?

“What’s gross?” I spoke up, my eyebrows narrowing down.

“You two.” Sarah looked over her glasses, as if she were a grandma. “Two guys.”

 I frowned. “Excuse me? There’s nothing wrong with two guys.”

“I’m straight,” Justin cleared his throat, “But that doesn’t mean you have the right to bash gays.”

“Are you sure you’re straight, ‘Justy’?” Sarah raised an eyebrow.

Ouch.

Justin looked at me, before opening his mouth. “Blaire, maybe you should get…”

Get off. Right.

“Alright.” I got off.

“Wait, Blaire…” Justin called after me as I pulled open the sliding door and left. Running into the forest might not be the best idea, but it’s something.

What hurt was the fact that Justin had played along. Acting grouchy.

But of course, he liked it.

Who doesn’t like me?

Durh.

And so off I ran. Away from Sarah-the-homophobe and Justin-who-can’t-decide-if-he’s-straight-or-not.

Justin’s POV

“Sarah!”

She jumped. “What?”

I sighed. “Nothing. Whatever.”

Now Blaire was gone. My little Blaire-boo.

“Do you like him?” Sarah raised her right eyebrow.

“No!” Pause. “Yes!” Pause. “I don’t know! Fuck off, Sarah!”

“Language!” Aunt Cecilia passed by, then walked backwards. “Who do you like?”

“No one!” “Blaire!”

I glared at Sarah. “I do not like Blaire!”

Aunt Cecilia raised her eyebrows. “I’ll let Talia and Brookie be the judge of that.”

“Aw, shut up!” I tossed my napkin down on the breakfast table and threw the sliding door open. “Sarah, Blaire could be in danger. You don’t know what’s out there!”

“Big deal.”

I ran off after Blaire and sighed. Two weeks into this, and he’s already…

Got me questioning my sexuality.

I don’t even know anymore.

_____

V/C/F? :3

Oh, and I've decided that I'll continue this. Just putting it out there^_^