Chapter 6

Blaire’s POV

“SIT NEXT TO GRAYSON!”

I shrieked and slapped Brookie across the face with my Dr. Seuss book, sending her flying across the room. “Don’t scare me like that!!!”

Brookie sat up and glared at me through her haze of blond hair and thick eyeliner. “Was that a reason to send me across the room?” She glared, snatcing my Dr. Seuss book away from me. “It’s a library! No need to scream!”

“OH REALLY?” I smiled in mock-surprise and threw a pillow at her. “DON’T SCREAM IN A LIBRARY, STUPID!”

SHHHHHHH!” About seven people around Brookie and I hissed, glaring from the top of their glasses.

“SORRY! WE DIDN’T MEAN TO CAUSE A DISRUPTION!”

More glares.

“Why would I want to sit next to Grayson?” I looked at Brookie, holding my Dr. Seuss book tight to my chest. “Just ‘cause he drove us here doesn’t mean I have to be attached to him.”

Brookie sat there in silence for a while. “Well, you like him, don’t you?”

“EWW! ICKY! GO AWAY!” I slapped her on the head with my book again. “GO AWAY! SCRAM! SHOOO!” Brookie started squealing as I began tugging on her hair, pushing her out of the Childen’s Section. “STOP SQUEALING, BROOKIE! YOU’RE CAUSING A DISRUPTION!”

Both of you! Out!” Grayson appeared out of nowhere and pointed towards the exit of the library, sending us such a glare, it could have killed two rainbow unicorns.

“But I wanna check out my Dr. Seuss bo—“

Out.”

I could feel my lower lip quiver as me and Brookie sulked down the middle of the library, feeling hate daggers fly all around us. It wasn’t my fault that Brookie was so loud! I was trying to be as silent as a mouse.

I think I did a pretty good job.

I put my forearm over my nose and pretended that I was Edward Cullen, flying out to meet his Bella. “BELLA! MI AMOR! COME HERE, BABY!” I trapezed around the front of the library, eventually flying out the front step with a little trip from Brookie’s foot.

 “Blaire! You idiot!” Brookie was laughing as I was sprawled out across the front steps, face-down on the cold, Connecticut pavement.

“That hurt,” I whined, picking at the large scrape across my arm. “Thanks for tripping me, Jacob.”

Brookie glared at me. “I hate Twilight.”

I gaped. How could you possibly hate Twilight?! “GO DIE IN A UNICORN GRAVE!”

Grayson came stumbling out as a librarian tugged the sleeve of his black jacket forcefully, lecturing him.  “…and don’t bring your son here ever again!”

“He’s not my son!” Grayson spat. “I don’t have any kids! Now let go of my fucking jacket, you skank!”

The librarian glared at him. “Treat your elders with respect, young man. Now go tell your son to control himself, or he won’t be allowed back in the library.”

I’m telling you, I don’t have a son!” Grayson flipped her off, storming away. “Come on, Blaire. Get your ass up. We’re leaving.”

“Tell your son that he’s never allowed here again!”

Grayson stopped walking midway to his car and quickly turned on his heel, a determined glare on his face as he stomped up to the librarian. “Lady, my penis has never been in another woman’s vagina, and I have no desire to do so. I suggest you shut the hell up before I have the impulse to rape a dead deer, out of pure anger. Now fuck off and leave me and Blaire alone.”

Brookie bursted out laughing, howling over as she dropped all of her library books onto the steps. “Grayson!”

I stared up at Grayson from the floor, admiring his dark clothes. What was this about a dead deer? Was he having sex with one?

I always thought he was asexual. Oh my God.

He’s deer-sexual.

“DEER-SEXUALITY ROCKS!” I pumped my fist in the air as the librarian stared down at us. At me, in particular.

What? It’s important to have sexuality pride. I was just supporting Grayson!

We probably looked very odd, with one all-black wearing Daddy, one booooootiful blond scene kid who was hunched over in silent laughter as black eyeliner-colored tears streamed down her face, and one perfectly normal Blaire, still sprawled out across the concrete stairs.

“Please leave. You’re disrupting other people.” With that, she turned on her heel and walked away, leaving an angry Grayson in her wake.

“Let’s go,” Grayson snapped, unlocking the car and picking up Brookie’s library books for her as she tried to recollect herself. “Now.”

“But…but…” Brookie hunched over and continued in silent laughter, stumbing her way towards the car. She looked like an alpaca on speed, smashing her head against the side mirrors by accident and getting into the front seat.

Don’t break my car!”

“S…sorry!” Brookie giggled as she strapped herself into the front seat, smiling back at me as I crawled into the back seat.

“Deer…deersexu…deer-sexuality!” She managed to get out, still howling in laughter.

Grayson got into the driver’s seat as I hunched over, still in my vampire mode. “Blaire the vampire requests that we stop at Starbucks before heading back.”

“And Grayson requests that we all shut the hell up before I ram this car off a bridge. Not by accident, either.” Grayson stepped on the gas, and we zoomed off.

I shut up. Vampires didn’t like water, right?

Or was it sunlight?

Either way, Grayson skidded to a stop in front of a Starbucks and glared at me once he got out of the car. “Hurry up.”

I squealed as we trooped inside, immediately skipping up to the counter. Of course, Starbucks blasts the heater, and it’s actually quite wonderful if you’re wearing a loose jacket like me. Just stand on top of it, and you have yourself a sauna going on.

“Blaire, stop it!” Grayson hissed, standing in line as my jacket bellowed around me. The hot air felt so good, and it was like having deer-sex on a hot day.

Not that I’d know. Psh.

“Sir, can you please get your son off the heater?” A passing barista looked at Grayson, then winked at him. “He’s causing a disruption.”

Grayson’s eyes flared red. “He. Is. Not. My. Son. Do I fucking look that old?!”

I pouted, stepping off the heater. “But Daddy…!”

Brookie howled in laughter again as Grayson’s face turned red. “Blaire!”

Ooooh. My name sounded good coming out of his mouth.

“Blaire! Blaire! Blaaaaire!” I pranced around Starbucks, to the delight of many customers staring at me. “Blaaaaire!”

“Please control your son.”

Grayson gritted his teeth so hard, I could’ve sworn that they were going to pop off, or at least turn into moose-looking teeth. “Blaire, come here before I fucking blow your guts out.”

“Such vile language around his son,” someone commented as Grayson fumed, heading to the counter to order his drink. “He should have his mouth washed out with soap, that teenage dad.”

“You look like a puppy dog, Blaire.” Brookie pinched my cheek, squealing. “You’re so cute!”

“I’m seventeen!” I pouted, ordering my drink. “Stupid idiots.”

Once I finally got that dumb unicorn of a barista to get my drink, I quickly went to the counter and ripped open five sugar packets and dumped it in my frappe, smiling as I mixed it around and around with a stick.

The wheels on a bus go round and round, round and round, round and round…”

Grayson glared at me.

Then I took those little salt-shaker thingies, and took the ones marked ‘chocolate’, ‘vanilla’, and cinnamon, shaking them all in that the same time.

“Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, ooohoooohoooohooooohoooohhh…”

“Blaire, you’ve got a whole fucking mountain in there!” Grayson snapped, pulling away the choclate from me. “And who mixes fucking vanilla and chocolate? Dumbass!” Grayson prodded me out the door and took a sip of my drink.

He spat it out into the pavement and handed it to me, while people around us stared. “That father, giving his son coffee.” Someone tsked, shaking her head. “Teen dads these days.”

Grayson screamed, nice and loud, for the whole world to hear.

“I LOVE YOU DADDY!” I shrieked, running away before he could catch me.

Brookie’s POV

You see that, right there?

Yeah, that’s called chemistry. (Well, not really. More of hyper-seventeen-year-old and his dad-but-not-dad.)

Blaire and Grayson have a shit-ton of it, even if Grayson won’t admit it.

I’m going to get them together, no matter how long it takes.