Chapter 9

Blaire’s POV

“Grayson?”

I could hear my voice squeak as I take tentative steps towards him, trying to be as quiet as a turt—

“HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS THAT’S A HUGE ASS RAT!”

Grayson jumps as I run over to him, immediately sliding up onto the counter. “SHIT GRAYSON KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!” I screech, while people are running out of rooms and being nosey, staring at my daddy.

Grayson’s armed with a broom and a mop as he whacks the floor repeatedly, missing each time. That big ass rat scurries around before crawling up Grayson’s pant leg.

Grayson lets out the most girliest, unicorn and glitter covered shriek I have ever heard. “OH MY FUCKING LORD GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF GET IT OFF BLAIRE SWEET HEAVENS— “ Grayson starts shrieking as it crawls up his arm.

What do I do?! I’m not touching that damn rat with a five hundred foot pole! “Slap it away!” I cried, and Grayson began to hit himself with the broom.

I had to laugh.

“Stop laughing at me!” he cries as it crawls on his back. “Get the fucking damn thing off of me!”

I point to the red bucket with his mop in it and point while people around him are sniggering. “Dunk it in that!”

“I’m not touching iiiiiii— “ Grayson douses his whole arm into the bucket, and instantly, the rat squeals, then begins to swim around.

Everyone’s laughing and walking away as Grayson closes his eyes slowly, taking deep breaths. He no longer looks like a camel that’s about to spit a loogie at a unicorn, instead, he looks…

He looks like he’s about to cry.

“Bad day?” I say quietly, hauling up the mop and the bucket as the rat drowns. I look away.

“No shit.” Grayson grumbles as he takes the mop from me, heading to the back room. “Mind bringing the orange bucket with you?”

I grimace and groan. “No. I wouldn’t touch that, even with Talia’s pinky lacey-eyed thong.”

“What?”

“Have you seen her underwear?” I jump off the counter, squealing. “Oh my GOD it is the cutest thing you’ll ever see! You see, her thong’s really pink, right, and it’s got that l—“

Enough,” he snaps. “I don’t want to hear about Talia’s STI infected underwear. Now bring that orange bucket with you.”

“Don’t you mean red?” I pick it up and look away from the dead rat, staring straight ahead.

And as if suddenly, the bucket was the most important thing in the world, Grayson stops in his tracks and looks back at me. “Did you say the bucket was orange?”

“Yes…?” I raised my eyebrows. “Can’t you see?” I waved the bucket around, hearing the dead rat slosh inside. “It’s an orange bucket with a FUCKING DEAD RAT IN IT!!!” I drop the bucket and it spills, leaving behind one floating rat and some white discharge. “EWW GRAYSON THIS IS NASTY!”

“BLAIRE!” Grayson throws the mop to the side, but not before a hairy, bald old man gets hit with it.

Graaaaaaayson!”

Grayson’s eyes widened dramatically and stares as the white discharge on the carpet turns the carpet…white.

“Grayson, I told you to use the red bucket!” Mr. Hairy-fat-bald-guy snaps, staring at the mess on the floor. “And why the bloody hell is there a rat in the middle of everything?!”