Chapter 8

Blaire’s POV

Something was off today. My daddy wasn’t at school.

“Justypoo?” I clung onto Justin’s arm, hearing snickers and giggles all around me. “Have you seen Grayson?”

“Huh?” Justin turned red as he tried to pull his arm away. More giggles and snickers start up, and I can’t help but think that it’s because Justypoo’s hair is sticking up like Daffy Duck’s.

Hehe. Quack! I’m Justyduc—

Oh my God. Justyduck.

Just-tee-duck.

Just a duck.

Man, am I smart!” I declared boldly, flinging my arms out in victory. Mr. Lefty suddenly collided into something soft and squishy. A nose.

“IT WAS MY HAND’S FAULT!” I screeched, covering my face. “Ohmygodyou’regoingtokillmenowIcanfeelittelleveryoneIlovethem—“ deep breath, “— andmakesurethatmySmurfettedollgoesto— “

“Relax, you fairy,” a girl sneered, glaring at me. “I’m not going to kill you. Yet.”

“Don’t worry,” I smiled at her. “My daddy will protect me!”

“Excuse me?” She glared at me.

“Grayson! Grayson Von Reuben? He’s amazing!”

Her pace instantly pales, and she walks away quickly. I feel giddy inside.

Everyone’s afraid of Grayson.

“And thank you for calling me fairy!” I yell and smile after her. “I was one for Halloween last year, actually! The wings were green and pink and they had glitt— “

“Keep walking,” Justin interrupted me, pointing straight ahead. “Walk. Don’t talk.”

“But—“

“Shhh.”

“But Just—“

“I’ll take you to a movie if you shut up.” He hisses as we walk past the football players, and I clamp my mouth shut. Hey, free movie!

Guess what I’m going to pick?

“SMURFS!” I throw my hands in the hair. “Put your hands up, they’re playing my song, butterflies fly away, nodding my head like yeaaaaah— “

Justin facepalms himself.

“Jordypooooo!” I ran into the middle of the intersection as cars swivel and swerve around me, honking their horns. “Guess what?!” I grab onto Jordan’s back and swing myself onto him. “He’s taking me to a movie!”

“I’m coming with!” He puts his arms in the air and runs across the street, leaving Justin to jog after us.

“God, it’s like I’m your babysitter,” Justin hisses, leading the way to the mall. “Can’t you stay still for one day?”

“You love me anyways,” I purred, clinging onto Jordan’s neck. “Giddyup, horsey!”

Jordan and I gallop our way into the small theater next to a swanky hotel, and to my amazement, Justin actually runs after us.

And even more so, I’m surprised by what Justin does next. He buys me a large, extra-butter popcorn and a legit, actual can of Coca-Cola, handing it to me as I get our 3D glasses.

“I LOVE YOU!” I screech and squeal at the popcorn, immediately dropping our glasses on the floor to open my precious can of not-syrup-and-water soda. “You rule!”