Chapter Twenty

Harry's P.O.V

I lean back in my chair, drumming my fingers lightly on my lap, pretending not to notice how awkward this night just turned. Liam's a mate for getting me two free tickets, but I could sock him in the head right about now. I'm not saying it isn't nice to have Hazel all to myself. Hell, it's even kind of romantic for going to a dumb picture. It's just that I'm pretty sure Hazel now thinks I am the kind of lad who wants to spend the whole night necking.

But lord, the thought of her skin under my lips...

I clear my throat and adjust my body in the chair, trying to shake off the ungentlemanly thoughts creeping throughout my brain. I peer over at Hazel, wondering if any lustful ideas occupy her mind like they do mine. 

They definitely don't.

Hazel's perfect face is fixed forward, back rigid like she's at a cotillion ball being judged by the King himself.

Bloody hell. She's miserable.

I push my hair back, a nervous habit of mine, as I try to think of a way to fix this. My brain can only seem to come up with a thousand different ways I've already made the date worse. Why didn't I think to buy her a sweet from downstairs? Does she think I'm cheap? Maybe I should ask Liam to move us? Will she think that I don't want to sit with her then? Does she think I'm too bold to have her up here by ourselves?

I grip my knees, my fingers becoming more tense as I unleash the tirade of impossible questions against myself. Hazel's turned me into an all out jitter-bug.

"Get ahold of yourself, Styles," I mentally chastise myself. 

No gal is going to want a fellow who can't even take her out to a movie. 

Pulse racing, but actively trying to look cool and easy, I look back again over at the lovely bird.

Hazel sits there in her seat innocently fiddling with her hands. She absent-mindedly pulls the bottom of her cherry lips in between her teeth. It's completely innocent, but my stomach lurches, temptation stirring again.

I run my hands through my hair, completely ruining the hour of work I took to tame it, as devilish thoughts of this sweet angel course through my brain. What I would give for just one kiss- one taste of her sweet mouth. I've kissed a few gals growing up, but no one's ever tempted me in this way before. 

The music suddenly swells, pulling me back from out of my head, and the lights slowly dim. Now that we're drenched in darkness, I sit back and try to relax, allowing the darkness to hide my nerves. When I readjust myself, my clumsy hand brushes the back of her's and my fingers immediately ache to touch more of her. It's a simple touch but yet it has my heart pounding as loud as thunder. I almost pull away, not wanting to look like a clammy twit, but Hazel stops me. Her delicate fingers lace their way through mine, squeezing ever so slightly.

I look up at her and for what feels like the tenth time tonight, this gal knocks me off my feet. Hazel's kind eyes radiate and her tender, unassuming smile, seems to tuck all my worries neatly away into a tiny, insignificant box. I swear I could scoop her up in my arms right now, planting kisses all over her until the end of time.

I'm chuffed to bits when the film finally starts to flash in front of us. Anything to distract from what a twit I must look like as I sit here smiling away.

Hazel quickly becomes engrossed in the film. I love the way her jaw drops ever so slightly and the way her eyes go wide as they take in the picture.  There are some pretty hot tunes that normally I'd be into, but I can't stop staring at the way Hazel's body moves ever so slightly to the beat. I love that she's as taken with music as I am. Maybe in another life I could be her bandleader and she'd be my singing muse, just like the good looking couple on screen.