Chapter Fifty-One

Harry's P.O.V

"I need you, Harry."

My throat runs dry as Hazel's words sweep across my aching body, teasing my ears with what I could only dream of hearing. It doesn't even seem real, but as her pleading eyes pour into mine, I can see the same desire in her gaze that I feel throbbing in my veins. I want to be good, I swear. I want to be the gentleman Hazel deserves, but in this moment, I'm too caught up in her. From the rushing sensation of being wanted as badly as I want her to how my lips ache to fill the immeasurable distance between her lips, being with Hazel makes me feel like whatever's left of my blasted heart might just be still worthwhile.

Without thinking, I tug at the belt of her robe, yanking her somehow even closer to me. She gasps, her hands clinging to my shoulders as she steadies herself. The shocking and beautiful sound of her breath pierces the moonlit room like lightening tearing across the night sky. It damn near stops my heart.

Hazel's open mouth lingers just above mine, our desperate breaths caught in a dance between our cautious lips. Hazel's eyes flutter shut as she takes my face in her hands and rests her forehead against mine. My tired eyes close, relishing her soothing touch. It's as soft and lovely as the midnight mist that quietly sprinkles the window. 

I swallow hard as I try to gain some semblance of control. The sensation of her lips just barely brushing against my mouth, the weight of her in my lap, the smell of skin- Holy hell, I'm swimming in sin.

And damn it all, I know better than this. I mean, bloody hell, just a few hours ago I was vowing to be a better man- a proper gentleman even! And good god, I think I'd be hung, drawn, and quartered if Mum knew this is the type of man I turned out to be. I wince, shame creeping up the back of my mind when Hazel breaks my thought. 

"Come back to me," she whispers, placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. 

I melt under her touch. Her lips carefully graze my weary temple, moving to my forehead, the tip of my nose, and finally, my mouth. It's overwhelming and exquisite, making my control completely dissolve. 

I move as fast as I can, kissing her hard as my hands fumble with her robe. Hazel frantically tugs at her housecoat, swiftly tearing it off as soon as I manage to get the damn thing untied. My fingers dig into her hips, desperate to keep her as close as possible to me. The thin fabric of her pajamas sends my mind into overdrive. I've never been this close to doing exactly what I'm not supposed to do.

Wait, are we doing that?

For a second, my nerves nearly get the best of me again, but as Hazel takes my bottom lip between her teeth, she moves so perfectly against me that I'm completely incapable of thinking of anything other than her body. I have no idea what to do, but I couldn't care less. Whatever I'm supposed to do, I just want to find out with her.

Her lips move from my mouth to my neck, making my whole body shudder. I feel as if I'm free falling and it's so damn wonderful. The sting of my father's hand, the shame of my mistakes, the fear of tomorrow- her touch washes all of it away. And it's such bloody sweet relief. I never realized just how heavy and hard life seemed until I met her. Even now, terrified as I am to care this much for another person, the canyon inside my heart just longs to consume every bit of her.

I wrap my arm tight around her, lifting us up as I move to lay her down on the couch. I place her against the pillows and pull back just for a second to catch my breath. But for fuck's sake, the sight of her laying beneath me nearly knocks every bit of oxygen out of my lungs. Her cheeks flushed, eyes blown out, hair messily sprawled around, I've never seen anything so beautiful in my whole damn life. I suddenly wish to God that I hadn't told her I love her already. I meant it when I said it before, but I'm absolute shit with words. I have nothing that could capture everything I feel for her in this instant.