Chapter Fifty

Hazel's P.O.V

"Lucy!" I snap under my breath as we slip into the darkened house. She doesn't reply and instead just pushes past me, stumbling slightly as she switches on the hallway light.

"Lucy!"

"What?" she huffs as she hurriedly shakes off her coat.

"What do you mean what?! Lucy, you can't just invite boys to..." I pause as my eyes dart around the room as if somehow Gran's hiding in the corner, "to... sleep over."

With a snort, she replies, "Well, I most certainly can and I already did."

"Luce, you know we're goners if anyone sees anything."

"Are not," Lucy dismisses calmly as she strides into the sitting room. "And besides, that's why I sent the boys to park round back. No one will see them come through the garden."

I throw my hands up in the air while Lucy continues to bustle about tidying the room. She only stops for a second when she catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

"Do you think I look alright?" she asks. "I've been running around in that sack of a coat all night and I don't think I have time to fix anything before the boys'll come round the back."

I groan in reply, slumping against the doorframe as my head pounds with anxiety. I've never been good at math, but it seems to me that one angry Harry plus the two flirtatious Niall and Lucy can only add up to a night that I'm positive Gran would not be pleased about.

Lucy catches my disdain in the mirror and with a huff, chides, "You're being ridiculous, Hazel."

I roll my eyes, folding my arms even tighter as I stare in disbelief at her. "How do you figure?"

Lucy narrows her eyes as her hands snap onto both sides of her waist. "You're telling me you're not in the least bit spooked from before?"

"Not as spooked as I am about Gran finding out that I spent the evening alone in a house of boys."

Lucy furrows her brows at me. "This from the gal who's been canoodling with a boy in her room all week."

My jaw drops. "It wasn't like that!"

Lucy's mouth twists into smirk. "Uh-huh. Sure."

"We just talked!"

"Psh," she scoffs. "More like talked with your hands." Lucy wraps her arms around herself, foolishly making over the top kissing noises. I bite down on my lip as I fight back the incredible urge to burst out laughing. 

 "Okay, fine," I relinquish. "So we only kinda talked."

Lucy smirks with pride as she practically skips back towards the kitchen. "If you say so!"

"I do say so!" I protest, stomping after her. "And that's besides the point anyways!"

"Which is?" 

"Which is that I would never have invited him in if it weren't for the fact that Gran won't even let him in the foyer."

"Well, first off, I don't believe that." Lucy says as she shuffles various plates about the kitchen. "He is far too handsome to leave just in the foyer and I've seen the way you look at him."

I roll my eyes as I lean against the counter. I know she's right, but I really don't want to be some floozy. It's just too hard to stop myself when I'm around him.

"Second of all," Luce continues, "I still don't understand what your Grandmother's problem is. I mean he's a catch by anyone's standards."

"Yeah, I'm not sure either," I lie. I trust Lucy, but I know Gran's reasonings have a lot to do with Harry's father, and it's not my place to be telling other people about him.