Chapter 47

Next morning, manik asked ramesh to bring his clothes and after getting ready, manik and nandini went downstairs to meet everyone. Nandini was thinking that her parents and abhi would be surprised finding manik here and would bombard her with questions, but as they approached, her parents had no ounce of surprise written on their face. They blessed manik when he touched their feet, but all of a sudden something happened which nandini didn't notice and the surprise element which she was expecting, suddenly popped up and her mom exclaimed feigning surprise ,"arey manik tum yaha! Tum kab aye??"

Abhi shook his head suppressing a chuckle at his parent's poor memory and acting skills. Actually manik had called them too for the emergency meeting and nandini didn't know as she was out with her friends. And last night they had heard him singing too! But they had to act as if they don't know anything about the fight and manik's manofying session, but they couldn't do this much also! Nandini found something fishy in their behaviour but didn't pry further.

"wo main kal raat ko aya tha...nandini ne bola uski tabiyat thk ni h islye" manik made an excuse and then secretly winked at nandini. Hearing the excuse , nandini for a second had her eyes widened but then in next seeing him wink she narrowed them in slits showing a i-wil-see-you-look' to him.

"oh acha" replied alok in exaggerated manner.

Seeing his parent's callousness abhi stood up to cover up, and went to nandini with a concerned look "kya hua? Tabiyat theek ni hai?"

Suddenly her parent's realised that they have to act concerned, so they too hurriedly got up "kya hua? Av tak tabiyat thk ni hui? Manik aya phir v ni??" asked her mother.

Nandini was confused, what was happening? Why are her parents acting weird? To save the situation, manik came forward and answered before nandini "amma! Appa! She is fine now, you don't need to worry! But you should worry about me...mujhe bahut jor ki bhook lagi hai...breakfast ready hai??"

With some oh's and aah's the murthys saved the matter and then after having breakfast, manik and nandini informed that they are going to Fiji tonight and murthys suppressed their brooding smiles. Nandini instructed her mother to be careful with her leg and to not exert herself. Sheetal assured her that she will take care of herself and that nandini should enjoy herself and not to worry about her.

After sometime, MaNan left from there bidding everyone good bye.
Nandini was emotional thinking that she would see them now only after returning from Fiji.

The drizzle that had started last night had not ceased till now and every where, there was only water and water. Manik and nandini discussed on the way, how one month back people were thirsty for water and all the wells and ponds had dried up and now the situation is paradoxical and people are trying to save their lives from the water. Water gives life and sometimes takes too. On the way, manik bought 100 umbrellas and distributed among the people who were living on the footpaths. They blessed manik and nandini whole heartedly . MaNan reached home and were welcomed by neyonika, who seemed quite overwhelmed and hugged nandini and even kissed her forehead. Maan patted her head lovingly. Nandini was perplexed, she looked at manik who immediately looked away and nandini knew there is something definitely cooking among her family members. She felt that manik has told them about their fight, that's why neyonika and maan are getting so emotional, looking at her. They sat down and started talking, after some time manik got up and said that he has some work and has to go. He asked nandini to start packing . maan and neyonika already knew about the Fiji holidays.

When manik left , mukti came running, "bhabhi, you are back!" mukti shouted and then hugged her.

Nandini smiled ear to ear and then mukti pulled her to her own room and started talking