Chapter 59

Nandini was in deep sleep, but suddenly her eyes flew open and her facial expressions were restless, as if she has seen a bad dream. For a few second, she tried to absorb the surrounding, and making herself believe that the dream was not real.she checked her  phone, it said 5:30 A.M. She took deep breaths and sat up on the bed. Inspite of the AC, she still was sweating profusely. Taking the guarder from the side table, she tied her hair in a bun. Then she saw the otherside of bed. Manik was sleeping peacefully. She looked at him for a long moment, before getting out of bed. She freshened up and put on a comfortable dress. She looked at her belly and caressed it. Then she turned back, and after writing a note for manik and keeping it under his phone, left from there.
.......

45 minutes later, she was standing outside her ex-home, murthy villa. She rang the bell and abhimanyu opened the door. He was in his track suit, probably he had just returned from his morning walk. He looked surprised at her and concerned too.

“nandini tum yaha? Itni subah? Sab theek hai?”

Hearing nandini’s name, her parents came running.

“bhai sab theek hai...don’t worry” she replied and smiled comfortingly.

They relaxed visibly and then hugged her and welcomed her in. They expressed their surprise, and worry and nandini made excuse that she was just missing them, so she came early morning as later she won’t get time. They chatted happily, reliving old moments. Soon sheetal got up to go and bring snacks, nandini followed her to the kitchen, while the men got busy in reading the newspaper.

As sheetal was making juice, she observed nandini’s restlessness, so she asked “beta...tum kuch baat karna chahti ho??”

Nandini looked at her with a helpless face and took her hand, stopping her from doing any work.

“maa..”

“ha beta...bolo”

“jab apko pta chala tha ki aap pregnant ho toh apko kesa feel hua tha??”

Nandini’s question ignited queries in sheetal’s mind, but seeing her daughter’s mood, she knew even if she (nandini) is pregnant, she is confused about it. So sheetal thought of making her understand the importance of motherhood in the best possible way.

“beta...hamare jamane mein...shaadi k baad log sabse jyada wait maa banne k khabar ka karte the...tumhri amms (daadi) toh mujhse har dusre month puchti thi ki...koi khush khabri hai?

Hamari shadi ko 1 year ho gya tha...but mai tab tak conceive ni kar pai thi...inspite of trying. Logo ki baatein sun kar mujhe asa feel hone laga tha ki since i am not able to conceive, i am incomplete as a woman. Tumhari amms ne mujhe ek dawa laakar di thi...usko pine k 3 months ke andar mujhe ye good news mila and at that moment, i was feeling the most lucky, most blessed person on the earth. I had a sense of completeness, satisfaction, security.

And 9 months baad jab tumhra bhai, ABHI ko maine pehli baar apne god mein uthaya, toh wo feeling inexplicable thi. I had got a promotion from being a wife to becoming a mother. And suddenly all that pain, problems , complications of 9 months was replaced by happiness and only true happiness. Abhi brought a new lease of life to mine and your appa’s  relation and after this our relation has only got stronger  aur fir tum aai toh jse hamari family complete ho gyi...aur aaj bhi jab hum (sheetal and alok) tum dono bachcho ko dekhte hain toh we feel proud ki you two are our child, hamare ansh”

Nandini listened carefully throughout and saw the changing emotions of her mother. How proud and happy she feels as a mother. It was because she had decided to keep her unborn baby, that abhi and she were standing here.

Manan FF- Arranged marriage (✔)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें