Chapter 39

Same day evening

Manik was holding me by my shoulders while we reached downstairs. He made me sit on the couch and papa sat beside me. he looked concerned "beta you should take care of yourself, itne weak kese ho gye aap?" papa asked lovingly. "mai thk hu papa..aap tension mat lijiye..thora fever hai bas...theek ho jaega" i said.

"abhi apko hamare ghar me aye 2 months hi hue hain..and you have fallen sick...alok and sheetal will think we don't take proper care of you" papa spoke softly but sadly.

"amma appa kabhi asa soch v ni sakte hain...because they know that i have got the best in-laws in the world" i said chirpily. Maa papa mukti and manik all of them smiled. Soon the coffee came for them and a glass of orange juice for me. We were sipping and talking. Manik discussed with papa about khurana , sitting near maa while mukti sat with me and papa.

"ma'm...abhimanyu murthy...nandini ma'm ke bhai ae hain" Samantha informed. And mine and mukti's eye twinkled. Oh i know how it feels when the name of the person you love pops up unexpectedly and how your heart starts racing when you realise that they are gonna be face to face with you. I can understand mukti! I did self talk till bhai entered the house. I got up and walked to him excitedly...i wanted to run into his arms but somehow i felt drained to do that. We had a warm hug. It had been just a week since i had met him but i felt it to be ages. I felt happy that he came to see me.

He broke the hug and looked at me intently "kaisi hai tu??" he asked. "mai bolna toh chahti hun ki mast hun..but unfortunately yaha pe bahut log hain to contradict my statement!" i said giggling. Bhai looked beyond me to the people who were waiting to welcome him . he took me in a side hug and we walked to them "sorry, aunty..bina inform kiye hi mai agya...bas iski tabiyat theek ni h..suna toh khud ko rok ni paya" bhai apologised. "beta main toh soch rahi thi tum dopahar me hi aoge , sheetal k sath" maa tried to make him at ease. "ji aunty , i wanted to come but office me kuch important meetings lined up the toh late ho gya!!" bhai informed.

Then bhai touched their feet and hugged manik and passed a shy hi to mukti to which mukti replied with a slight tinge of red and hi' in whisper..

Manik pulled both of us to sit on couch and the talks started. Maa herself got up and supervised the coffee and snacks that should be given to bhai.

"beta , have you come directly from office?" papa asked bhai.

"ji uncle" bhai replied.

"arey bhai neyonika..abhimanyu direct office se aya hai..he must be tired and hungry...ek brilliant cup of coffee ho jae" papa spoke a little loud because maa was in the kitchen.

"mai dekhti hu" i said and tried to get up but mukti stopped me, "nandini , you sit , mai dekhti hu" she said and i obeyed as this was good.

I enquired about the works of office and bhai informed me each and every thing. I said that because of me many projects must be pending as i had the blue prints with me, but he assured me and said that i should join only when i am fully recovered.

I saw mukti and maa coming out with trays in their hand. Maa always self served to people who are near and dear ones. Mukti placed the tray on the table and maa sat down asking mukti to serve the coffee and snacks. Oh how romantic! I cooed in my mind when mukti passed the coffee to bhai and their fingers brushed.

Later when coffee and snacks were finished,
"beta take abhimanyu to your room. You can rest also and bhai - behen k bich kuch baatein v ho jaegi" maa suggested and i thanked her in my mind. As i really needed to talk to him. Just then manik received a call and he walked to the study with papa.

"mukti tum v chalo hamare sath" i offered mukti to join us.

"nahi nandini tumlog jao...baatein karo..mai ati hun thore der mein" she replied and i didn't press further.
...

Manan FF- Arranged marriage (✔)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें