Chapter 38 <3

(AN) Beware everyone, Hunter is going to completely open up to Kat in this chapter.

I honestly don't want to keep you waiting.

Go my lovely's! Go read! You know my voting/uploading process!

Read!

Read!

Read!

And listen to Fix You whilst reading cause you might possibly cry!

Oh God, I love you all! <3

*Kat's Pov*

Heartbroken was one way of putting it.

Being proud was another way.

Hunter had told me how he was going to the hospital; he was going to get better once and for all. Chris was on the phone right now, sorting it out. And I was walking through the cold, Alaska streets with Hunter. Our hands were intertwined and like we always did, we had gotten a box of pizza before we headed to the library.

Once inside, I grabbed a book so we didn't seem completely weird, and then we sat down on the same window ledge that we had the 1st time we'd come here.

Hunter looked unbelievabley cute. He was in grey skinny jeans and a plain black hoodie; his casual clothes. He was sitting cross legged with a piece of pizza in his hands, just staring at it like it was the most beautiful food in the world.

Well, to Hunter I guess it was.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him, knowing that he'd probably reply with 'nothing.'

But like always, Hunter surprised me.

"Everything.."

I took a bite of my pizza. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, everything. Literally, everything." He explained. "Kat, I want to open up to you so bad and up until now, I've been holding everything back. But I don't wanna do that to you any more. I wanna get better so I can be with you properly, and I don't wanna leave things like this. I want you to know exactly how I feel about everything because I've kept so much from you and you tell me everything. I just love you so much and I don't wanna hide anything from you any more."

"Hunter," I whispered. "Of course I want you to open up to me. But I don't want you to feel like you have to."

"No, I want to." He assured me. "I wanna tell you everything Kat."

I allowed a small smile to creep up on my face and I held my hand out, taking Hunter's. I squeezed it softly and he returned with the same tight hold.

I quietly asked him. "What do you feel when you wake up in the morning?"

"Like crap," he admitted. "I have flashbacks a lot in my dreams, so everytime I wake up, I feel like crap. That's why I used to keep away from you and Chris all the time before we moved to Cyprus - because I woke up feeling like I was nothing, so I acted like I was nothing and kept away from everyone. But now when I wake up, I feel better. I sometimes feel like crap, but then I look at you cause you're always next to me when I open my eyes, and I feel good. Because I know that you're there with me. And since I know you're there, I know I'm safe. And I know that I'm safe with Chris as well. I just love you guys..you make me feel safe."

This was serious.

Hunter was serious about opening up to me.

I hadn't thought that he was lying, I just thought that maybe he was a little caught in the moment. But he was honestly real about this.