Chapter 11

Hunter's nose nuzzled into my neck in the morning. He was still asleep, but I had been awake for at least an hour. I didn't want to go back to sleep, the position was too nice that I had to saviour it. I just loved the way that we were still in the same place as last night. Hunter's hands around my waist, his face in my neck, my hands on top of his and my feet tangled between his legs. My back huddled in against his chest and his knees pushing into my thighs.

Who would have thought that me and Hunter would ever end up like this?

"Kat..."

Hunter's voice tickled my neck but I kept completely still. I wasn't sure if he was awake or not, mainly because his voice was all sleepy and groggy, but then why would he say my name in his sleep? It had happened before but wasn't that just because he was drunk?

"Hunter? You awake?"

No reply. At least for a few minutes, and his reply wasn't really much of a reply.

"Kat..."

Right, so he wasn't awake.

It's just, none of it made any sense. Why did Hunter get into my bed last night, wrap his arms around me and attempt to comfort me when he would normally just laugh? And why was this the 3rd time he'd called my name out during his sleep? Seriously, this boy and his moodswings.

Anyways, a few minutes later, Hunter lightly shifted so that his forehead pressed against my neck and his face burried into my shoulder. His arms moved further up on my waist and he made a small sort of groan.

"Are you awake this time?" I asked.

Another groan. "What do you mean this time?"

Smiling at the sound of his conscious voice, I sighed. "Nothing."

"Oh. Right."

We continued to lie there for a few minutes in a sort of awkward yet nice silence. We didn't move from our position, and I wasn't sure if that bothered Hunter or not.

"What time is it?" He asked.

I looked over onto the bedside table. "Half 6. We've got 30 minutes until we need to get up for school."

Hunter nodded and blew out a sigh. "I'm gonna go back to sleep. Wake me up at 7?"

"Okay..."

Hunter's face went back into my neck and then he tightened his grip around my waist, pulling me closer into his chest. I was kind of confused as to why he hadn't shoved me away and gotten back into his own bed, but then I was too glad to really give that a thought. I was just thankful that I was still in Hunter's arms, safe and secure.

30 minutes later, I lightly pulled myself out of Hunter's arms and then turned around on my side so that I was facing him. His face was now leaning into the pillow, so I gently placed my hand under his chin and lifted him up a bit.

"Hunter?"

"Mmm..."

I tapped his cheek. "Hunter, we need to get up."

He groaned. "5 more minutes...where'd you go?"

I chuckled softly. "I had to move so that I could wake you up."

Hunter's eyes slowly opened and he stared at me. "Oh...hi."

"Hi."

"Do we really need to get up?"

I sighed. "Yes."

"I can't though..."

"Why not?"