Chapter 8

Hunter's P.O.V

Kat was smiling at me, reaching her hand out to take mine. Her silky blonde hair hung down in messy curls unlike her usual straight, and she wore a thin strapped white dress.

Her forehead pressed against mine.

"Come with me." She whispered.

Smiling back to her, I slipped my fingers through hers and we began to walk down the little path outside of the apartment. It was early morning, then sun was shining brightly, and I felt almost genuinley...happy?

You're going fucking soft Hunter!

I ignored my conscionce though, and proceeded to walk hand in hand with Kat.

Another voice ticked my ear.

You're gonna lose her.

My free hand touched my lip ring through nerves.

You're gonna lose her.

Dad...Dad's voice penetrated my mind.

You're gonna lose her.

"Shut the fuck up?!" I begged desperatley.

Kat pulled me close to her and stared deeply into my eyes with concern. She pryed my fingers away from my lip ring and gazed sadly.

"Are you ok?" She asked gently.

I recomposed myself. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

She smiled. "What was wrong?"

"I just got this feeling that..."

She raised an eye-brow. "That you were gonna lose me?"

I nodded, bewildered. "Yeah. How did you know that?"

Kat didn't answer though. Instead, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she slumped down in my arms; blood soaking through the whiteness of her dress. Startled, I jumped back in alarm and her lifeless body crashed to the floor.

In the distance, I saw him. Dad. Walking away with a gun in his hand, popping his head back in my directions and allowing our identical eyes to slice into one anothers.

I flinched at his cold glare.

He gestured to Kat with his head. "That should have been you."

When I woke up, I was shaking and my black hair was messily sticking to my forehead. I risked a glance at Kat and sighed thankfully as I realized that she was asleep.