Chapter 12

4 Years Ago *No-one's POV*

A 12 year old Hunter looked banged against the basement door. Why did it have to lock from the outside? More important, what had he even done that was so bad he got locked in the basement for it?

Feeling claustraphobic now, Hunter kicked against the door in an attempt to catch someone's attention. He knew that his Dad's friends were upstairs, he just wanted them to hear his cries for help and for them to take him away somewhere safe.

Would that happen though? Or would they hurt him like Dad did?

Hunter was about to pound his fist against the door one more time when he heard footsteps approaching the door. He quickly darted down the stairs and then slammed his back into the brick wall.

The door swug open and he took in a deep breath.

His heart beat increased rapidly as his young eyes faced his Dad's. His Dad was glaring at him, his usual, evil glare that never failed to send a shiver up Hunter's spine.

But then he smiled, and started walking down the stairs...2 men following behind him.

The last men to enter closed the door on his way down. And Hunter's Dad ran a hand across Hunter's dark hair.

"Wanna say hi to my friends, kid?"

Hunter knew better than to refuse, so he just stayed quiet.

His Dad grabbed the back of his neck and then pushed him forwars to the 2 men. "What do you think guys?"

"He looks young." One of them noted.

Hunter's Dad glared. "He's 12. What did you expect, dumbass?"

The man shrugged.

Hunter looked down nervously, and his Dad spun him around to face him.

"Wanna do my friends a favor?"

Hunter remained silent.

His Dad slapped his cheek softly. "Answer me, do you wanna do my friends a favor?"

"N-no." Hunter whispered.

His Dad sighed. "Looks like I'm gonna have to change your mind then."

And before Hunter knew it, he was being slammed to the floor. His head banged against the wooden floor and he tried desperatley to crawl away. Furiously, his Dad grabbed his ankle and roughly dragged him back; keeping him on the floor by kicking him painfully in the back.

Hunter closed his eyes, blocking out the pain as his Dad struck at him ruthlessly. He tried to ignore the constant punches, slaps, kicks and just closed his eyes trying not to whimper.

After what seemed like forever, the beating stopped and Hunter was pulled up to his knees. His Dad grabbed the back of his neck and held him whilst one of the 2 men walked forwards.

The man reached to unbutton his jeans, and Hunter immediatley struggled.

"Control your fucking kid!" The man hissed.

Hunter's Dad held him still and hasitly whispered in his ear. "Don't mess this up for me, you little shit. I'm getting paid good money for this and if you fuck it up, I swear to God you wont here the end of it."

Eyes watering, Hunter looked up to the man who was pulling down the zip of his jeans.

And the man would have continued if Hunter's Mom didn't kick the door open.

"Fuck!" His Dad hissed. "Bitch, get out of here!"

"I hate the kid as much as you but you do not do that to him!" She hissed.