Chapter 4.

The Doctors words ran through my head a few more times before I finally accepted them.

You can go and see Hunter now.

Doctor Andrews was currently talking to the parents, discussing just what had happened to Hunter, and I had wandered off to his room. Staring at the door, I planted 3 quick knocks before finally enterring and gazing in saddness.

Hunter was sat up, his back leant against the wall and his knees curled. His hair was more messy, his eyes red and tired and his lip ring placed on the table beside him. The blankets were kicked back towards the end of the bed and he looked up at me as I enterred.

"Hi." I said slowly.

As a reply, I simply recieved a nod.

Deciding that I'd rather not sit on the bed and annoy Hunter, I leant against the wall and breathed out an awkward, heavy sigh.

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I just said so, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did."

Gradually, another completely awkward silence occured and I began to wonder just what had happened to Hunter. An overdose? An amazingly deep, Freddy Kruger type of sleep? A...a-

"Hunter what happened?"

Hunter's head snapped up and he stared at me warily, hardly any emotion in his eyes whatsoever. I thought about dropping the subject, but curiosity was stronger than fear at all levels; well most of them anyways.

"Did you overdose?"

He gave me a 'what the fuck?' kinda look.

"What? No. Apparently I'm anemic or something cause I'm not eating or drinking as much as I should be. It's pretty simple. Just a blood transfusion once ever 6 weeks."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I mean, it wasn't exactly good news but at least Hunter wasn't suicidal. I'd never really thought that he was suicidal though...but I guess that some memories for him could start to be thoroughly depressing.

"What the fuck is that?"

I snapped out of my daze. "Huh?"

"That in your hand! I told you to fucking stay out of my stuff! I don't go around looking in your personal belongings, do I?!"

I realized what Hunter was talking about as I looked down to my hand and saw no other than little Pikachu. I tossed it over to Hunter quickly, who didn't even pick it up from where it had fallen on the floor.

"I thought that you'd maybe have wanted it..." I admitted.

"You thought wrong!" He spat. "God, why do you have to be such an invading little bitch?!"

"Excuse me?" I questioned. "If it hadn't have been for me, you'd still be passed out on the floor in our room!"

Hunter's eyes faded curious. "What?"

"I'm the one that found you." I explained. "At first I thought you were sleeping and just kind of ignored it. But that you weren't responding to anything so I tried waking you up. I shouted for Chris and he got Mom to phone for the ambulance. I took the Pikachu because I was scared that you'd overdosed on your sleeping pills. I thought you were going to, well, you know...die."

After my explanation, Hunter was more or less quiet. To be honest, he looked pretty surprised. As if he'd expected me to just leave him in that type of situation. I guessed that he'd have done that to me, but I couldn't have done it to him.