Ch. 21

I walked out to where Roman stood with Sam by his side and 50 or so wolves behind him.

“Tyler said that his pack is here, close enough to be here in minutes yet far enough to be undetected. Are you ready for us to come out?” Cam sent through our mindlink. Oh how great it was to feel his presence in my mind again.  Ok Anmarie, Focus!

“Yeah come out.” I sent back.

“I love your presence in my mind too Anniebear.” He sent back. I blushed a bit embarrassed that he heard, Ok maybe this mindlink isn’t so great.

“Do you really think it wise to go up against me alone, Anmarie?” Roman laughed.

“She isn’t alone jackass!” I hear Tyler’s voice behind me.

“Do you honestly believe the 8 of you could take us on?” Roman asked.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. “ Those of you who do not want to either die in battle or face the consequences when I get MY pack back, should leave now. I will not ask you to fight on my behalf because I have yet to prove myself, but I will not let this monster drive my parents pack into the ground.” I told them. A few looked like they were unsure whether they should take me up on my offer, while others looked at me as if I were a joke. Sam just stood there looking uncomfortable yet ready to fight alongside her mate. I felt bad that she had to choose.

“You and what army?” Roman laughed.

“Could you be anymore cliché? And don’t you worry your sick little head about my army, they are around.” At that moment wolves came out from behind the trees all around us forming a perfect circle. It was quite obvious that Roman and his pack were outnumber. Slowly one by one  Romans pack began deserting him. 

“You damn cowards! You think you can abandon me? You will all come crawling back to me!” Roman yelled as he realized that he was alone with only his goons and Sam by his side.

“Look, I don’t want this to get messier than what it is, so let’s settle this. Me and You.” I said.

“ What the hell Annie, we didn’t agree to this!” I heard Cam yell from behind me.

“I know but I will not let anyone get hurt because of me.” I said.

“Fine but we fight to the death.” And with that he ran towards me shifting in the process and tackled me before I had time to react. I could sense Cameron move to run to my aide but I quickly mindlinked him “Don’t! I can handle this.” I could feel his hesitation but I couldn’t worry about Cameron, I had to fight for my life and my pack. I guess a rush of adrenaline hit me because by some miracle, I was able to throw this giant wolf off of me. I quickly shifted into my wolf just in the nick of time because Roman snapped his jaw to bite me, I moved back and lifted my paw to scratch his face. Somehow he twisted his neck and chomped down on my wrist. I howled in pain as I felt the bone break under his teeth. With my other paw I scratched at his face in attempt to get my wrist loose. As he released me, my broken wrist fell to the ground and I lost balance falling to the ground. The pain was excruciating, I couldn’t think right. I felt my body being thrown back and I tumbled backwards.

Shit this isn’t going well. Every damn move ended up screwing my wrist up more. I got up and ran through the pain straight at Roman, I rammed him into a tree and bit into his neck, unfortunately I didn’t get a good grip and he easily threw me off. He jumped on me  and started clawing at my stomach. I tried everything I could to push him away, to get him off of me, but I couldn’t ! He was too strong!  I started to curl up into a ball , ready to give up.

“Please baby fight, I barely got you back don’t leave me. “ Cam sent me. That seemed to wake something up in me. I pushed myself to lift my legs and kick him off. He fell on his back and I jumped on his and quickly bit into his neck and tore the flesh apart. Not the epic battle that was expected, but it was better than getting my ass kicked even more.

I heard Sam scream as I stood over his body. I shifted back into my human form, a bit in shock at the fact that I just killed someone.  Sam ran to his body and held him crying. I dropped my head full of guilt because I was causing her so much pain. I turned towards Cameron and went to hug him.

“Watch out Annie!” I heard Andrea scream. Cameron with her yanked me behind him prepared to protect me. I peeked from behind him to see Ariel had pinned Sam to the ground her hand wrapped around her neck. She shifted into her wolf and prepared to go in for the kill. I pushed Cam out of my way and ran to Sam!

“No!!! Don’t kill her!” I screamed pulling Ariel off of Sam. Sam started violently coughing and Ariel threw me off of her.

“What the hell is your problem! She betrayed us all! And was ready to sit back and watch us die! She deserves to die!” Ariel screamed at me.

“I don’t give a damn! She lives.” I said then turned to Sam. “But if you ever set foot on my land again, you will die !”

“ I will get my revenge!” And with that she shifted and took off running.

“You 2, follow her and make sure she leaves our land.” I said to two pack members.

“You really are stupid, you know that?” Tyler said. I rolled my eyes and went to Cameron and hugged him.

“Never again will you fight without me” he whispered in my ear. I smiled. “As long as I’m never without you again.” And kiss him like it was our first kiss, yet our last.

A/N- So I decided not to end the story just yet, I still have a little bit of drama up my sleeve, so stick around :)

AND I KNOW ITS SHORT, BUT THATS HOW I WRITE, SO YUP...

ANYWAYS LOVE MOST OF THE COMMENT! THEY TOTALLY MAKE MY DAY! AND THE VOTES! THANK YOU ALL!

THE PICTURE ON THE SIDE WAS MADE BY werewolf_andme_18! WHO HAS BEEN MAKING ME SUCH AWESOME PICTURES!

WELL ENJOY!

VOTE/CMMENT/FOLLOW/PM

FEEL FREE TO MAKE A COVER OR BANNER