Ch. 23

“I should have killed her when I had the chance!” I said pissed off.

“Killed who?” Cameron said as his head snapped towards me.

“You’re damn sister! Who else? That psycho thinks that she is going to touch my children! She has another thing coming! I will rip her to shreds!” I said in a loud whisper.

“Its not her Annie-bear. Trust me.” He pleaded.

“How the hell would you know? No one has heard from her in a year! Its not like she hasn’t tried to kill us before.”

“ She has nothing to do with this note dammit! “ He said raising his voice slightly. He sighed then continued. “I’ve been keeping in touch with her for the last month through our link.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well that explains how that psychopath knew about my children. How could you keep that from me? We are supposed to be completely honest with each other! But no! She comes back into your life and you throw the most important part of our relationship out the window!” I screamed unintentionally waking up my babies. They cried loudly and I rushed to pick them up. It was a struggle trying to carry two screaming babies.

“Here let me help you, babe” Cameron reached out to grab Abel but I pulled away.

“Don’t touch him! I will NOT have you handing off my child to your power hungry egomaniac bitch of a sister, so that she can hurt him or worse, kill him!” I scream holding on to my babies tighter.

“Are you kidding me right now Annie? You think I  would intentionally hurt my children? Are you stupid?” He yelled reaching for Abel again.

“ She tried to kill us Cameron! Do you not recall? “

“She’s my sister!” Cameron screamed over our crying children. I tried rocking them  but that didn’t seem to calm them.

“And these are our children, and I’ll be damned if I let anything happen to them. If I even see her I will rip out her throat. So you better warn her not to test me.” With that , he walked out of the room. I picked up my children and wobbled my way to my bed and laid them next to me and sung them a lullaby.

Hush little babies, don’t you cry,

Mommas gonna do anything to keep you alive.

And if anyone tries to take you away.

Mommas gonna make them pay.

Oddly enough that did the trick.  Amaya and Abel laid there silently, with their arms intertwined while they stared up at me. I leaned down and kissed them each on their foreheads.

“I love you my little prince and princess. I will always protect you from anyone and everyone.” I put my arm across them and slowly drifted into a light sleep.

CAMERON POV.

I left Anmarie in the room with the kids, I needed to get out of their before I did or said something that I would regret. I mean I love my mate and my kids to death but Sam is my baby sister! I know she messed up in the pass but I trust her when she says she has changed,

‘Cam, how did it go? Did you talk to her about me coming back?’ Sam sent me through our mindlink.

‘No, I didn’t get the chance. We had twins, a boy and a girl.” I sent back.

“Oh congrats, big brother! So im an aunt now huh? When do I get to meet the rascals?’ She asked seeming excited. See there is no possible way she could be behind that note.

‘I don’t know Sam, someone is threatening my kids and my mate thinks its you. She wants your blood. Please Sam tell me the truth, is it you?’

“Seriously Cam? No its not me, I told you I’m trying to start fresh! How can I if you wont trust me?’

‘I know Sam, but Annie thinks-‘

“Of course. Annie this and Annie that, Hasn’t she ruined my life enough? Now she wants to keep me away from my brother and niece and nephew! She probably wrote the note herself, and is trying to pass it off as me!’

‘Why would she do that?’

‘I don’t know Cameron, but why would I try to hurt your kids? Who are you going to believe? Me or her?’ she asked.

The question rang in my mind. I don’t know what to believe.  Damn it.

‘I don’t know Sam, I need to think. I got to go bye.’ I blocked my mind and went to where the trees were and began stripping off my clothes and shifted into my wolf. I needed a run to clear my mind.

A/N: just a short chapter to make up for the long time I was gone when I was sick. Enjoy.

Comment/Vote/follow

or follow me on twitter @bredmgz92